Capitol On Lockdown After Shooting

Casper

I watched the video today at the gym, over and over since it was on every news channel.  I see no issues with what the police did, she was driving like a maniac, maybe she didn't "ram" one, but when they had surrounded the car due to her previous driving actions, she shouldn't flee, you stop, put the car in park, turn it off, and put your hands on the wheel awaiting instructions.  That's what you do when you're surrounded in probably the heaviest patrolled area in the US.  You don't try to flee, and chance hitting a police officer, pedestrian, or anything else.  For all the police know, when she started fleeing, she may have had a dirty bomb, AIDS, or a WOMD in her car.  Terrorist don't care if they have kids with them, they use them, they use their bodies, etc as bomb carriers.  Granted it doesn't appear she is a terrorist, but they don't know that.

And given the recent going ons(Oregon statey shot while a basic traffic stop, the Navy shipyard shooting, everything else nutso's do now adays), you can't chance things, or you end up with another story similar to the others. 

Maybe I just don't value human life enough to chance things, but no, I don't. 

because I like and respect everyone here, I'm going to assume that the article Casper linked in the first post has been updated many times since a lot of you have posted.

The report is now that the female driver has a "history of mental illness" and "may have thought Obama was her stalker."  Yes, I typed that correctly - she may have thought that Obama was stalking HER.

because I like and respect everyone here, I'm going to assume that the article Casper linked in the first post has been updated many times since a lot of you have posted.

The report is now that the female driver has a "history of mental illness" and "may have thought Obama was her stalker."  Yes, I typed that correctly - she may have thought that Obama was stalking HER.

Oh yeah, definitely updated since I posted it. :lol:

Sure is a good story though, right? You couldn't write a better cover story to justify shooting a woman in front of her child as she was fleeing. The whole thing seems off to me. 

Oh yeah, definitely updated since I posted it. :lol:

Sure is a good story though, right? You couldn't write a better cover story to justify shooting a woman in front of her child as she was fleeing. The whole thing seems off to me. 

Yeah, that occurred to me as well...  It seems to be pretty convenient.  Although it would have been just as easy (if not easier) for them to just plant a gun in her car.  I guess the current story would be easier to orchestrate after-the-fact, and without involving the dozens of patrol officers who were responding.

If you were to construct a conspiracy (and I'm not saying that's what is happening), it would be easier to do it with one doctor, rather than the dozen or so officers.