Omrl Season Finale

redkow97

The last round is in the books, and I managed to end the season in 3rd place for both of the classes I race.

The rain held off yesterday, so I also got a chance to ride the 2 hour endurance race, and strung together a bunch of personal best lap times.

It's been a really fun season. I hope more OR folks come out and play next year. I get the impression that a LOT of novices are moving up next season, so the novice championship is up for grabs!

I know I had a blast. Only rode an xr100 for 2-3 laps previous to the endurance race. Ran a lot of 56's with a best of 56.4. We ended up second in the endurance race. I think I will be stock XR racing next year. Need to get into the mid 55's to run with the front 3.

I didn't overcome my 8 point deficit in expert F4 with my worn out rear, so ended up second. Sliding everywhere.

I did win both Super Moto races with some excitement, including a very large slide almost high siding myself. That opened a big gap. I put my head down and chased that Aprilia 550 down passing him at the start of the final lap. Had so much fun. Time for new tires! Expert SM champ.

Can't wait for next year. Hope to see a bunch of you guys.

I definitely have some work to do if I want to hang with the top 3, but progress Is progress.

New tires and straight(er) rims should help my confidence, if not my lap times. Chasing Russ, Ben, and JB can't hurt either

Had a blast! hey Redkow was that you in the grey suit with Anderson doors on it? If so you may have a nice crash from me on your GoPro as I was chasing you in race one. Pushed to hard and lost the rear tire is all I can think. If so would love to see the video so I can figure out what I did.

Looking forward to next year and if anyone gets out and does some practice before winter let me know and I will meet you out there.

JB (Anderson) has the Anderson Door leathers.  He wrote them off as a business expense years ago.  I met him doing trackdays in 2008 or so.

I have Red/white/yellow RS Taichi leathers.   As our "title sponsor," I do have Anderson Door Racing stickers on my bike though.  We have leather patches in the works for next year too :p

The sponsor picked up my endurance race fees, so that was sweet.  After looking more closely at the printout and figuring out when our rider changes occurred, I ended my season with a personal best of 58:79 in the endurance race.  Gavin went faster than me on my own bike and knocked out a 57.1xx or something.  If the kid wasn't so nice, I would have to hate him :p

If so you may have a nice crash from me on your GoPro as I was chasing you in race one. Pushed to hard and lost the rear tire is all I can think. If so would love to see the video so I can figure out what I did.

search "Bark615" on youtube and look at his channel.  JB will be probably be uploading video throughout the day.  I know he uploaded at least one of the rear-facing videos last night.  You can see Ben bump me right at the start.