Tablet info needed

2talltim

Tigerdirect is having a October Black Friday sale today and they have the galaxy tab 3 for $179 so I ordered a couple. Figured if I find a better deal later I can always return them. If it were for me I would spend the extra on the nexus 2013 model but I didn't want to spend the extra $100 on the pair for the kids.

I've had both and I feel differently but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The new Nexus 7 looks like a nice tablet.

The old Nexus 7 is a good tablet too ;-)

2nd Gen Nexus 7" deal:

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/104854/ebay---16gb-asus-nexus-7-2nd-gen-7-android-4.3-tablet

Great deal on 1st gen Nexus 7":

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/104790/ebay---16gb-asus-nexus-7-7-android-4.1-tablet-refurbished

Enjoy!

Tigerdirect is having a October Black Friday sale today and they have the galaxy tab 3 for $179 so I ordered a couple. Figured if I find a better deal later I can always return them. If it were for me I would spend the extra on the nexus 2013 model but I didn't want to spend the extra $100 on the pair for the kids.

Aww shit just saw you already bought.  Oh well.

I'll jump in here and say that it is easier to break the cover glass on a tablet, compared to a phone. (The screen is under the cover glass.) Tablets do not have the special hard glass. I have two Lenovo tablets, and I broke the screen on one with a tiny little drop, even if it was in a full cover case. I found a replacement glass in Singapore at a cheap price and repaired it myself.

Don't look for Lenovos, they sell out too fast to find one. Very popular in China, some models have two phone sims over there for connectivity. Both phone sim slots are missing in the USA. (might be able to retro-engineer that.) I wanted the GPS, Lenovo has that. The concept of having the web, books, music, movies, AND a functional navigation map was perfect. When tethered to the phone in the Jeep, it's a nice big map. Run Waze on one, and whatever on the other.

I'll vote for the Nexus 7 for an adult, but there are better bargains to be found for the kids.

That's the slickdeals effect ;-)

A guy I work with ordered one of these and he got a email at 5am that said due to overwhelming demand his item may take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. The galaxy tabs I ordered will be here tomorrow. I know Christmas is still 2 months away but I hate back order stuff. Edited by 2talltim

We have a Kindle Fire, Ipad 2, Ipad mini, two Iphones and and Ipod.  We bought our Ipad 2 off of Glyde.com used in excellent shape a few years ago and just purchased an Ipad 3 from them for $250 for my daughter for Christmas. . I'll have it by next week, so I'll let you know if it is in as excellent shape as the 2 we had bought before.

The Kindle is great for reading, Amazon shopping and videos but is really lacking in the app department and freezes quite a bit. The Apple products are just much better for kids content and ease of use. Although I get what many of you are saying about Itunes and music sharing, but for younger kids, that is less important than ease of use and content availability.  I'm an Apple convert sorry! I can't wait to give my kids my current laptop and get myself a Mac.

Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure they will enjoy anything you buy them.

Mary

BTW. glyde.com sells all brands I believe. Good place to purchase phones as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Bought an iPad3 from Glyde.com for $241.  Just received it a few days ago. Great shape. one small scratch on the back but you have to look for it.  Thought I was getting a 16g but ending up with a 32g so bonus! This is the second iPad I've purchased from Glyde and both have been great! Good option if you are looking for used tablets, phones, etc.

Mary