Flasher Relay Install

DerekClouser

So I recently purchased a new integrated tail light as my previous one didn't have 2 color scheme and was fairly dim. I bought a new 2 color red -brake amber - turn signals -

I also needed to replace the flasher relay.  I bought a new one from the same place I bought the integrated tail light. It seemed fairly simple to install by removing the old one and plug-n-play the new one. When I installed the new one, the blinkers stopped blinking and would just stay lit. I assumed maybe they sent me the wrong flasher relay.

When I called the guy, he told me I installed it wrong and would ship me the instructions.He asked me to send him an email so he could send them and I had mentioned that I already did earlier this morning. Then he got rude and said that I would have to wait for him to get into the office and send them.

I'm at work and unfortunately I don't have the part number, but I purchased it from xdcycle.com ( I wouldn't recommend using them ever ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bike: 98 CBR900rr

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/79509-turn-signals-delay-activation-1998-cbr-900rr.html

http://www.luckybike.com/led-relay-flash-controller-honda-kawasaki-yamaha

Don't know if you've seen this, but sounds like something in the switch could be part of it. Go to lucky bike.com it shows a pic of a replacement relay which looks similar to the one on your bike. Funny thing is the relay seems kind of universal but doesn't list Suzuki, I think that guy sent you the wrong part... How could you have put it on wrong? I don't think new directions would help the part work, but that's just my opinion, as I'm just a girl and no nothing of these mechanical workings... :)

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/79509-turn-signals-delay-activation-1998-cbr-900rr.html

http://www.luckybike.com/led-relay-flash-controller-honda-kawasaki-yamaha

Don't know if you've seen this, but sounds like something in the switch could be part of it. Go to lucky bike.com it shows a pic of a replacement relay which looks similar to the one on your bike. Funny thing is the relay seems kind of universal but doesn't list Suzuki, I think that guy sent you the wrong part... How could you have put it on wrong? I don't think new directions would help the part work, but that's just my opinion, as I'm just a girl and no nothing of these mechanical workings... :)

I said to him that it didn't seem like you could install it wrong, it was unplug old one, plug in new one and he assured me I installed it incorrectly. Was completely rude and lacked any sort of customer service.

Sounds like a guy I've dealt with recently. Ebay seller id?

xdcycle.com   i bought it off their website  xtreme discount cycle  --- If I didn't want to have to uninstall the tail light, I'd have sent the items back and demanded a refund solely on his poor customer service.   I would have gone through Nathan at ridersdiscount but he didn't have an integrated tail light for my old ass bike. 

Www.customled.com You get what you pay for. Sorry to hear about xdcycle though, I was tempted to buy some of their stuff.

CustomLED.com doesn't sell tail lights for 98 Honda's unfortunately. 

On a side note: The instructions the guy mailed to me said  'For Hondas, unplug the old flasher relay, plug new one in.'  

There were some complicated instructions for certain type of bikes, but Hondas seemed fairly simple.

They don't sell one for my '06 katana either. The one I bought for my '08 Ninjette however was superb, and I plan on picking up a brake light strobe module from them rather than a full lens replacement from anywhere else.

More importantly, I may still have a spare turn signal relay around (never installed it on the ninja).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk now Free