2014 Harley Street 750 and 500

Hoblick

FYI For the U.S., the new Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 will be built at our

Kansas City facility, and for select international markets (initially India, Spain, Portugal

and Italy), the Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 will be built at our facility in

Bawal, India.

FYI built =/= made. They will be assembled in KC from INTERNATIONALLY sourced parts. So basically bupundrah patel durka dur in the shipping dept of harley India puts all the pieces in crates and ships them to Kansas where Joe assembly line bolts the cheap crap together. Water cooled = 2 kinds of fluids dripping on your garage floor now. I'll keep my Jap crap.

• Upvote 1

This is brilliant of HD.  It really is and will grab several current metric owners that simply cannot buy an HD or go to the big 4 for entry level bikes until they can be an HD owner...  Like it or not, it is great marketing.  Grab them early and convert them into HD riders.  Smart.

Im impressed a modern Harley.

Still feet forward cruiser style but atleast the engine and suspension is a step forward. 

Biggest improvement is bringing a lighter bike at a lower price point to market. Like mentioned many young cruiser buyers buy Japanese bikes mainly because HD prices are out of reach.

Cruisers do not compare with sport bikes in HP per cc. This new HD is in the same ball park as other cruiser brands. Even similar to bikes like my Vstrom (55hp 650cc). Looking a power to weight the 750 may be one of the faster HDs.

Im not buying but I suspect they will sell well even if the purists scoff, like they do at the VROD and Sportster.

Craig