Where to find highest prices on oem parts?

Gixxus Christ!

Yeah, because I said you should pay the bills out of your pocket.....you kidding me?  Get your shit fixed 100%, get your medical bills payed....but asking on a public forum where you can get quotes for parts to maximize your claim in an attempt to put money in your pocket is fucking ridiculous.  Sorry, that isn't why insurance exists and that is what you are using it for.

• Upvote 2

Getting the most money out of his claim is the only thing that makes sense here. Should he also sandbag his tax deductions under the logic that doing otherwise will cause the rest of our tax rates to go up?

That's not an equal comparison.  

Sam, I've given close friends shit for the same thing in the past.  Yeah, you make a few bucks, but in the long run you end up paying it right back because everybody thinks they are smart and plays the same game.  The fucked up thing is, the people who get screwed over are the ones who don't inflate their claim and the people lucky enough to not be involved in an accident.  

• Upvote 1

Tell me, what is your perceived impact on your premiums? Also, the actuaries chart premiums by zip code, so unless you stay in the 44646 I wouldn't worry too much about your rates. Lastly, if everyone else is playing the same game and the only ones getting screwed are the ones not inflating their claim (which I didnt, merely found what suzuki charges vs the discounted parts from bikebandit.com etc) what exactly is my motivation here? Unless you've got a plan to literally change the majority of the state's populations behavior concerning insurance claims, you're really only looking down your nose at me for your own ego gratification and broadcasting it on the net in the hopes that you will A: make me feel as though I've done something bad and B: make yourself look morally superior.

My perceived impact on premiums? Artificially inflated premiums that do not accurately reflect the risk associated with a vehicle/driver/area.  Zip code doesn't matter if it is socially acceptable practice, everyone's premiums become inflated.

The insurance company doesn't care, they will recoup the claim by increasing the other parties rates in addition to averaging in the inflated cost of your claim when calculating other riders premiums.  

C: I don't agree with it and I'm simply stating my opinion.

They ended up using their own source to price the parts and quoted a repair on the fairing instead of replacement. Came out pretty much the same.

The likelihood of them seeing this and connecting it to me are very low and I don't think there's really anything they could do anyway. They are assuming 100% liability on my claim.