Digital Camera opinions

Bad324

Well the DSLR I got for the fiance last year is too big and complicated so she doesn't use it. So now I'm looking to sell it and replace with somethng more point and shoot like.

I found this Canon and it seems to be the type I'm looking for. Just looking for opinions and other options in the style for under $200

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX170-Digital-Black/dp/B00EFILR6E

The wife just got a Nikon Coolpix L820.  Pretty nice little camera, lots of photo options as far as landscape, panorama, decent zoom, blah, blah, blah.  She bought from Amazon, and was able to get the camera and a camera accessory kit (camera bag, cleaning kit, tabletop tripod, standard tripod, 32g memory card) all for right around $250 if I recall.  No complaints at all so far, but we've only had it for about 3 weeks.

I really like my Sony Cybershot DSC-HX300. It has a 50X optical zoom, which is REALLY amazing. Then it has a lot more zoom past optical but you lose the definition of course. My only complaint would be when I'm using manual focus mode, and I only use that when there are a lot of items between me and the target, is that you're manually moving the focus ring but the adjustments are electronic and the manual movements of the ring are not the exact movements of the focus.  

Here is a camera review i stumbled across. http://cameras.reviewed.com/features/2013-best-of-year-camera-awards?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=cpc

The below was 40 yards away.

post-9795-0-50936000-1386210161_thumb.jp

Edited by Gump

Subjects: People, our puppy and sight seeing landscape type stuff

Doesn't have to have a lot of crazy features as she likely won't use them. Isn't terribly picky about quality just that they look better than an iphone camera. budget is around $200

you really can't go wrong with any of the middle to high end p&s from cannon or nikon .  optical zoom rating and mp and $ are a good place to start the comparison. I also consider ease of carry cause if it is not easy to carry it won't be. I have the nikon coolpic 16mp with 14x zoom. great little unit.