GSXR Recall

Iron Pony

GSXRlogo_zpsdca0d876.jpg

Have an 2004 - 2013 GSXR?

There is a recall on the front brake master cylinder. Bring your GSXR in and we'll replace your master cylinder 100% free of charge.

Replacement parts are in stock.

Pick-up and delivery available. Normally it is $60 round trip, (within 20 miles) for the recall we are offering it for $30

ALL 04-13 600, 750 & 1000 displacement GSXRs need this update.

It does not matter where you bought the bike or whether it was new or used, Pony Powersports will take care of the recall for you at zero charge.

Come by or give us a call 614 212 7880

• Upvote 1

No, I changed my break fluid but my break lever was still super spongy. Having this taken care of made a huge difference. No more pulling the lever to the bar!!! ;)

What about the brakes?

See, it's not the squids' fault they crash a lot, they are riding shoddy equipment...

What about them? The pads are fine... The rationality behind the recall is

"Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2004-2013 GSX-R600 and GSX-R750, and model year 2005-2013 GSX-R1000 motorcycles. In combination with older brake fluid, corrosion of the brake piston inside of the front brake master cylinder generates gas that may result in a reduction of fluid pressure transmission to the front brake. As a result, front braking power may be reduced increasing the risk of a crash."

I don't have any experience w recalls and I received a notice a few weeks ago. Is there a limited timeframe for this work to be performed?

I wish they would allow for end user replacement....both my bikes are in pieces right now and the trailer is folded up in the corner for winter storage.

I don't have any experience w recalls and I received a notice a few weeks ago. Is there a limited timeframe for this work to be performed?

I wish they would allow for end user replacement....both my bikes are in pieces right now and the trailer is folded up in the corner for winter storage.

No, I'm sure you will be able to get it done in the future. I'm not sure legally how far out they have to go, but I would not wait years and still expect it to be covered by Suzuki. Depending on the bulletin some never expire, some expire in couple of years.

I know many on here like to work on their bike themselves, but here is a good reason to visit the dealer once a year or so at a minimum, especially if you bought the bike used and Suzuki doesn't have a paper trail of you as the owner....Recalls.

Every bike that comes in (if we are a dealer for that brand) gets its VIN ran to see if there are any open recalls. We inform the customer, order the parts (if we do not have them in stock) and schedule the repair/replacement (if it cannot be taken care of immediately) You'd be surprised how many bikes come in that need recall work done to them and the owner had no idea.