AR15 80% lowers

2fat2fly

I was steered away from polymer lowers because they're supposedly more susceptable to wear. Not sure how susceptable, but it also wasn't enough money saved to sway me into buying them. The upper pin hole and mag well were mentioned to wear pending the amount of use/cleaning, which I'd assume to be the case with most any material. :dunno:

Early this year, Element Arms had a sale on stripped aluminum lowers but appears that deal is gone. Keep shopping, cheap 100% lowers are out there

I have shot a buddies 5.56 and 22LR poly lower. both functioned fine. I dont have a lot of experience with AR yet. the trigger felt fine and the action was solid. The lower doesnt take hardly any abuse duing shooting and they are said to be a tighter fit to uppers than metal lowers. Although for the price I decided to go metal with my lower. I ordered it from PSA. Its a MAG Tactical Light weight lower. Magnesium alloy. $120. 

http://www.magtacticalsystems.com/index.php/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/35-flat-dark-earth-lower

for the price differance I decided Id go metal. If you take care of your guns id say a poly lower is fine. 

Palmettostatearmory.com brownells.com

Everywhere that sells guns has lowers for $50 (polymer) - $300 (billet).

I am starting to think that polymer is the way to go, and in theory should be longer lasting and tougher than the aluminum.

Edited by Pokey

I want to do to be there if we do.

It's a bit of a hike over, but I'll host one at my shop.

Have milling machines, lathes, welders and all of the metal working crap you'd' need.

If it's only a few guys, could also get free hotel rooms for those that wanna stay overnight.

• Upvote 3