Website Designer

silentcropduster

Is anybody on here good with designing websites? I have one: www.tc-sounds.com - designed it myself, but I'm looking for something a little better. I don't really want to pay some business $200-$1,000+ to assist me.

if anybody is willing, who has good experience doing this, please le me know - I am willing to pay whatever we both deem is fair.

My buddy is excellent and did the website for my company

Super Mazzeo Bros Web Design or something like that. I've tried to get through to him his name and website isn't quite professional enough but he does damn good work

Your site doesn't look so bad. Just clean up what you have and you'll be fine.

A little Style sheet action to clean up your fonts a bit and narrow the page down.

Perhaps a little brighter, less moody, less gloomy.

Don't forget that a fancy site needs fancy upkeep.

I'd also lose the yahoo email account... get email hosted from your own domain.

Which now days doesn't require your own server. I have a few domains hosted on Google and you'd never know it. Makes it nice and easy for the NSA to stay in touch too.

This is the link to the site. If you decide to contact him tell him Brian D sent you and he'll take care of ya

http://www.supermazzeobros.com/

I contacted your friend, and I mean NOTHING against him, but I can't afford what he's asking at this point. I'm certain he would do a good job thou & if I decided to go ahead and give my site a total revamp - I will be giving him a call. I'm merely looking for a slight "refresh", I'd call it. I'm trying to ge to the point with my business where I have events every weekend, but it's hard sometimes when you have DJ's charging $250 for a wedding - it's hard to get people to understand quality from junk...McDonald's from Mitchell's Ocean Club lol.

Your site doesn't look so bad. Just clean up what you have and you'll be fine.

A little Style sheet action to clean up your fonts a bit and narrow the page down.

Perhaps a little brighter, less moody, less gloomy.

Don't forget that a fancy site needs fancy upkeep.

I'm going to research it and see what I can do to change around the font's and make it brighter, a slide show, possibly put a comment/testimonial section where the customer can rate me right on my website.

Which now days doesn't require your own server. I have a few domains hosted on Google and you'd never know it. Makes it nice and easy for the NSA to stay in touch too.

I do have one but i have it foreward to my yahoo email - i see your point thou and will fix the issue. Thanks for your .02

Completely random observation from someone who knows nothing about website design or DJing.

You think $200 is too expensive for website work.

You think $250 is too cheap for DJ work.

That is all.

Haha, whoever stated the website work was only $200? Maybe I underestimated the cost, however, the price I was quoted was times that by 3.

Edited by silentcropduster

Haha, whoever stated the website work was only $200? Maybe I underestimated the cost, however, the price I was quoted was times that by 3.

From your first post I got the impression that you wanted to pay less than $200.  I skimmed the rest of the thread to see if there was actually anyone willing to do that.

I'm going to research it and see what I can do to change around the font's and make it brighter, a slide show, possibly put a comment/testimonial section where the customer can rate me right on my website.

Relax, your site is passable, you just need a couple of extras to make is an advertising masterpiece.

One tip might be don't make the pictures section feature fat girls or the same wedding scenes.

Remember, your trying to make a tight site, not a record of every gig you've ever done.

Go with the mystery, not the facts!

Yep, good photography and a bit of photoshop goes a long way here.

Much nicer, not so moody and you just saved some cash doing it yourself!

You have a lot of real estate to work with don't be shy about using it.

Keeping the pages looking similar is a nice touch.

The calender page needs a little work.

Are you using the site builder software to make your page?

Edited by Strictly Street