Doctors fear Schumacher ‘could be in a coma forever’

Casper

Time to ban skiing.

Tried it once, terrified me.  Wife had a blast.  She'd come barreling past me.  Laughing.  

Then she ended up in a pile at the bottom of the hill.   Not hurt, but hasn't been back. 

Hope he recovers.  Ironic, isn't it?  One of the fastest men in the world.

I've gotten pretty messed up from skiing several times, concussions, knee injury, stuff like that, but things like this happen often, just rarely made public.  Seen a lot of whirly birds land mtn side in CO and take people away, it's never pretty. 

It's similar to racing a motorcycle, you're either 100% in, or 100% out, trying to explain this to my wife as she picks up skiing.  FWIW she works with quad/parapalegics every day in her profession, and still was willing to try skiing.  However she was not huge on the motorcycle racing. 

Never went skiing, but snowboarding is just as dangerous, and I do that plenty...(given not at any sort of professional level).

Another thing some of us enjoy while accepting the inherent risks to ourselves.

Here's hoping that he survives and makes the best possible recovery.

Edited by magley64

• 4 months later...

Has this guy even seen Schumacher?  There's a lot of speculation out there from people outside his team of doctors. One report said he nodded and was awake during his transfer. I understand his family wants privacy but it sure has led to a lot of speculation and stories.