HVAC Help!

M_Quick

That is usually how it goes with large HVAC purchases, people think they are just a low rate loan, but they are actually tied to your residence.  Happened to my friend 2 years ago, lives in a house from the early 1900's.  Company told him what he would have to do and it was something like 30K, he signed the papers, I looked them over, turned out to be a 2nd mortgage on his property.  He had no idea.  (Not saying Joe would do this to anyone he's legit.  But it can/does happen).

I've heard of stories like that, we had a line of credit on our house throughout our normal bank, we didnt use it tho but if we did and didn't pay the bank could take our house. But I figured if you did it through the bank, deducted the interest on the taxes, it would still be like a 0% loan. And even if you didn't use it as a deduction equity lines of credits are pretty low rates now to low if you ask me. But that's another story for another day and , We did the dave ramsey thing and don't use any form of credit, except the wife used a toys r us credit card for purchases for her work that get reimbursed because every 1k spent you get $50 gift card, so it's nice that we get a little break from that shopping for our 3 month old. But really not using credit is the way to go..