Great Lakes Ice Cover Is the Largest We've Seen This Century

Casper

This winter has wreaked havoc on transportation industry as a whole this year.

Trains have been affected all over the United States...the only good thing, it's been a good time to make lot's of money working in these shitty conditions.

Just last week I was in the hotel in Cleveland and I talked to four guys from Duluth MN. that were going to work on an icebreaker tug. They were going to rescue ships that have been stuck for better than a week(and I thought my job was bad at times).

Semi-quoting one of my favorite movies: "If this ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess get's here".

If we don't stop this global warming soon we are in trouble!!

My thoughts exactly...they've been griping about global warming for years now and it's snowing/icing in Atlanta for at least the second time in a month. Sounds like we should focus attention to other, more pressing matters.

this is our chance for a massive land assault on canada.  their horsies are afraid of the ice, so we will quickly over run their mounted cavalry.  we just have to fear the barenaked ladies fans.

this is our chance for a massive land assault on canada.  their horsies are afraid of the ice, so we will quickly over run their mounted cavalry.  we just have to fear the barenaked ladies fans.

Wait. Maybe this is Canada's massive land assault on the US? They figured out weather manipulation and are sending all their snow here. 

If we don't stop this global warming soon we are in trouble!!

On the other hand Alaska is seeing record warm temperatures. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/01/23/alaska-warm-weather/4798481/

Also messing up the transportation. 

Much of Alaska depends on frozen lakes and rivers for transportation of bulk supplies during the winter months. That combined with avalanches and land slides is causing a significant problem up there.

Craig