Boot Shopping

2talltim

Went to IP today and pick up a pair of the A_stars Web GoreTex for $169 on clearance, they were marked higher but i told him about my quote from Nate and they gave me a match after tax. Also picked up a pair of A_stars DryStar touring gloves on clearance for $35 too. So thanks for all the info and recommendations.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Those boots rock. I am still amazed at how comfortable mine are while standing and walking. Smart purchase, even though mine were $125.

No big deal. :)

It was between these and a pair of icon's, but when I broke the zipper on the icons trying them on that sealed the deal...shhhhh don't tell IP Edited by 2talltim

Ok we need to find a pair of boots to fit 20 inch calfs? That's right my lower leg is under half your waist size find me a boot I can zip up. I have oxtar boots right now they zip 3/4 way up. I might need to look into a shorter boot to fit my popeye legs?

Edited by speedytriple

Tim, how is the width on those boots?

I'd say a medium width, they fit me about like my Carhartt work boots but a little wider than a pair of Nike's. For a guy my size I actually have small feet and hands I wear a 11D and these cup the sides of my foot nicely without feeling too confined.

I normally wear a 2E and can comfortably wear my Alpinestars smx plus'. To me the Web does not feel quite as wide but at least a D.

sent from a treestand on the back forty

got ya...the big bangs I have are huge in width almost too wide so my new ones are a nice fit

I actually used to have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 3 boots back when I raced MX and they fit pretty well.  I might have to look into picking up another pair.  I just didnt know if theyd be OK for street use.

Edited by Bakemono