BACA

Sapphy

So you're evaluating the therapists abilities by their vehicle? And you assume they don't operate their own practice based on what, exactly?

My experience is that most kids are referred to private establishments. The courts do have staff therapists, but predominantly for evaluation purposes, to gauge where they should be referred. Of those 3 staff members, all work 4 days a week for the court, and see their own patients one day a week.

I haven't scrutinized their vehicles, but I'm confident none are driving the same vehicle they had in college. All our psychiatrists are in their 50's...

So you're evaluating the therapists abilities by their vehicle? And you assume they don't operate their own practice based on what, exactly?

My experience is that most kids are referred to private establishments. The courts do have staff therapists, but predominantly for evaluation purposes, to gauge where they should be referred. Of those 3 staff members, all work 4 days a week for the court, and see their own patients one day a week.

I haven't scrutinized their vehicles, but I'm confident none are driving the same vehicle they had in college. All our psychiatrists are in their 50's...

no but there is a reason they don't have their own practice or work for a reputable one.

no but there is a reason they don't have their own practice or work for a reputable one.

Government gigs provide less up front money, but better bennies, vacation, job security, a kick ass retirement and for the right person far more personal reward.

And Job & Family services isn't also doing this? If the courts were involved, I can't see how a referral wouldn't have been made. Typically ongoing therapy is court-ordered.

J&FS failed this kid for 13 years.  She has less faith in the system then most of you on here.  She has therapy.  We have her in Childrens in their victims of abuse and Domestic Violence program. We have all the "professionals' in place. This does not stop they nightmares and fear that these people will come back and make her hurt again. Someday she will process it, but that day has not come yet.  Everyone in her life now tells her that I will stop anyone from hurting her like that ever again, and she says she understands, but her actions show that she does not really get this.  I was just looking for help to make her feel safe so that she has a better day to  day life as the professionals help her process what these sick people did to her. 

And I applaud you for that - I just resent the implication that the JFS people don't care, or aren't good at their jobs because they don't work in the private sector.

I do take it a bit personally, because I work with the 'class' of person you're claiming isn't qualified, and I would strongly disagree with your assessment of their motivation and skill.  I could just as easily argue that the private sector people are "just in it for the money," and have no motivation to actually help anyone cope with their problems.

So what are these "bikers" doing to actually help abused children?  Certainly nothing therapeutic.  Providing them with the knowledge that someone has their back is symbolic, and probably helpful to some degree, but it's not providing them with the private sector therapy you're claiming they need.

And I applaud you for that - I just resent the implication that the JFS people don't care, or aren't good at their jobs because they don't work in the private sector.

I do take it a bit personally, because I work with the 'class' of person you're claiming isn't qualified, and I would strongly disagree with your assessment of their motivation and skill.  I could just as easily argue that the private sector people are "just in it for the money," and have no motivation to actually help anyone cope with their problems.

So what are these "bikers" doing to actually help abused children?  Certainly nothing therapeutic.  Providing them with the knowledge that someone has their back is symbolic, and probably helpful to some degree, but it's not providing them with the private sector therapy you're claiming they need.

I did not state anyone didn't care (except mum and Dad) and did not say PVT was better than court appointed.  I have worked with both and I have experienced both good and bad in both sectors. But the truth is, J&FS failed for 13 years at getting her out of a systematically abusive situation. A lot of that had little to do with the people at J&FS, but more with holes in the system.  Now I am cleaning up the mess.  She fears them. She fears going back to them. She fears them showing up and starting shit. I think the symbolic knowledge  of having a few others watching her back, would help her relax and help her open up better in the therapist's office.  At this point it is all mute as BACA does not seem to be the avenue to what I was trying to do.  I am moving on to other ideas.