Fix my Xbox 360

granda080

The current generation of gaming consoles will likely be the last. That technology is going to die because disk media has been obsolete for some time now. With the widespread access to high speed Internet there is no need for physical software media. When is the last time you bought any software other than a game on physical media?

Invest in a gaming pc. Consoles will vanish when people realize they don't do anything any better than a pc, and when the market shifts to 100% downloadable content there will be zero reason to buy an extra piece of equipment.

And I don't even game.

The current generation of gaming consoles will likely be the last. That technology is going to die because disk media has been obsolete for some time now. With the widespread access to high speed Internet there is no need for physical software media. When is the last time you bought any software other than a game on physical media?

Invest in a gaming pc. Consoles will vanish when people realize they don't do anything any better than a pc, and when the market shifts to 100% downloadable content there will be zero reason to buy an extra piece of equipment.

And I don't even game.

I disagree... I've got a PS3 and most of my content is digital, through Playstation Plus.

I get 2-3 free major titles a month, and it's tied to the subscription service. So playstation gets the cost of a new game from me every year, and I play games that I ordinarily wouldn't buy. So far, I've snagged Bioshock Infinite, Hitman Absolution, Hotline Miami, Ico, some Megaman titles, etc. It's pretty nice!

Consoles, compared to PCs, are cheaper for the parts you get, more reliable because there's less to go wrong from a software standpoint, and there's a market aspect with regard to secondhand software that won't be going away any time soon... can't do that on PC.

**I should point out that I have a gaming PC as well and do game on it. MechWarrior Online and most of Blizzard's catalogue, plus most of the classic COD series up until MW2.

Edited by Ryan_c_F

And I don't even game.

I download all of my games to my PS4.  I figure why buy a game that is going to sit on the shelf and collect dust when I can just download it and then delete it when Im done with it.

For what it costs to buy a gaming PC, I can buy 2-4 PS4s/XBOX Ones (depending upon what PC you get).

Edited by Bakemono

Don't like spending a Thousand or more on a computer and then 300-500 every 2yrs because it becomes obsolete and you can't play any games on it anymore... Cheaper to buy or repair a console every 2-5yrs than to upgrade a computer all the time

Edited by Steve Butters

Ok...but I'm telling you, these will be the last consoles. Gaming will shift to portable tablets and the like soon enough....at least that's the forecast from popular science. It's already in development.

Doubtful considering how big the console gaming market is.  Im yet to see a tablet game that as in-depth as console games are.  However, if Popular Science says so, then it must be true.  :dudecomeon:

Ok, whatever. Google 'future of gaming'. It's not just pop sci. Steam boxes and cloud gaming will make consoles obsolete if the industry doesn't adapt in a hurry...and with consoles being developed and then mothballed for years before being released, that doesn't look very likely. Why do you think the new Xbox always comes out at the exact same time as the new playstation? It's not a coincidence. It's the equivalent of corporate drag racing, and while Sony and Microsoft are staging at the tree, EA, rock star and all the other studios have to wait for the race to start before they can cash their checks. Once an alternative is made available to the major game studios that allows them to publish the new games as soon as the new playing technology is available, the market will shift.

I like turtles.

Lower right red light is on. I literally hadn't turned it on for two years. I'm no longer a gamer. Having kids killed that part of me. I just wanted to play Fortza 2 lol. I whimsically bought it for $2.00 at GameStop. Worked fine then just went black. Then the screen came up with some error 62. Then it worked fine again. Then not. I guess I DGF. I played it for 5 races. That's probably my $2.00 worth.

Please continue to argue about whatever the hell all those posts were about lol. Love OR.

Come on weather and warm the hell up!

Could be a few different things, might check the light on the power source I know those go out quite often. The light color can tell if it's working or not. Also, make sure the power source is out in the open.

Thanks I'll look at that. I also heard I should try another video cable.