Stick a fork in it...

mojocho

How do I know when tires are done for track use.

I've got a set of Supercorsa SP's on my R1.  The use on the tires were strictly track duty.  Specifically I ran 2 weekends (4 days) at Grattan last year on them.  I don't have tire warmers so it went through the typical heat up and cool down.  I've got plenty of meat on the centers but I fear the edges may be done.  It's pretty close to the wear bars.  I wasn't very good about keeping tabs on the tire pressure so it looks pretty rough.

These are the softest/stickiest tires I've ever spooned on.  Also I felt like I made some significant progression in my track riding so I know I've been harder on my tires.  But I was still surprised by it's wear.  Obviously I need to monitor the tire pressure more.  

So a few questions for the experts here:

1. Is 4 track days typical for a set of SuperCorsa level tires?
  2. Based on the crappy pics, should I get new track tires or do I have a couple more track weekends left on them
  3. Anyone see any problems running these on my street bike?  I do 75% highway commuting and 25% weekend twisties.

I'm planning a long distance trip this summer so I'll be getting a higher mileage tires for the street bike.  Otherwise, I'd move these track tires to the street bike and only have to buy one new set of tires at the beginning of this year.  If I have to get 2 sets, then I need to make arrangements on selling one of my two kids.

20140307_193833.jpg

20140307_193903.jpg

20140307_194041.jpg

4 days of track use for a rear race-compound tire on a liter bike is about a full day longer than most people will probably get...

If you flipped it, or the weekends were opposite directions, I could see 4 being more likely.  The wear bars are just that - if they show it's spent, it's spent.  I would bring new tires to the track next time you go, and ride the morning sessions on that rear, then change it at lunch.

I never ride well in the morning anyway, and there's no point in wasting new tire on putting around.

One of the days at Grattan was counter clockwise.

I'm a slow intermediate rider so I thought I'd get more days. I may just put them on the street bike now. The street bike is definitely bald now.

Kids don't mow, but do shovel. Just in time for another round of snow.

They are SP not SC. SP's are OEM on the Panigale. So I assumed they are DOT. Also assumed it would therefore be less impacted by heat cycles. Forgot where I read it but thought SuperCorsa SP didn't need tire warmers.

I know...whole lot of assuming...

Keep running them, no problem. In my first year of doing trackdays I got about 10 sessions out of a brand new Michelin power pure, a similar tire to what you have. Like you said, it's a street tire and not a race tire so run it till its at or even past the wear bars.