First Guitar.....Thoughts?

scottb

Nice. I was just going to point out that every brand will make a strat clone...

Ibanez makes decent stuff. I had an SR505 Ibanez bass that never gave me any issues.

Guitars are a lot like bikes and firearms though. There is always something you can upgrade or some accessory to add to make it different (not always better). My old teacher had 50+ guitars...

ZX, until i can train my ear, I will leave this thing "all stock" for a while. Then I can alter it or get a complete new one. 

I am sure i can get whatever tone needs to be out of the amp.

Edited by scottb

Just to follow up, I did get a guitar. I looked at the Fender stratocaster, then the squire line, and the Ibenez RG series. I ended up getting an ESP LTD model M10 with gig bag, Mustang V2 amp, cable, stand and headphones for $400 at Sam Ash in Mayfield.

You can pre-order your tickets now for my world tour that will start in 2019.

ZX, until i can train my ear, I will leave this thing "all stock" for a while. Then I can alter it or get a complete new one. 

I am sure i can get whatever tone needs to be out of the amp.

Nice choice, ESP is good equip too. I have a small Mustang amp I got from Ault here last year, fun and capable little amps. You'll likely enjoy this setup for quite a while. I agree with abstaining from electronic upgrades for a while until you develop, although Duncans are some nice pickups :D I had a Seymor fatty wired into the neck position of my RG770 a couple years ago - huge cow tone :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up, I did get a guitar. I looked at the Fender stratocaster, then the squire line, and the Ibenez RG series. I ended up getting an ESP LTD model M10 with gig bag, Mustang V2 amp, cable, stand and headphones for $400 at Sam Ash in Mayfield.

You can pre-order your tickets now for my world tour that will start in 2019.

Haha, was going to say, from the music you said you liked you should have also checked into the Jacksons. And then you went and got an ESP that looks exactly like a Jackson Dinky.

I play an LTD bass and it's pretty solid. Neck is a bit wobbly but it tunes easily and holds its tone. Pickups will probably be replaced.

ESP_LTD_F-4E_bass_guitar.jpg