Systems Administrator - Athens

Strictly Street

Ohio University

https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/9910

Systems Administrator

Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying to the opening.  To apply to the position, please click the Apply to this Job link/button.

If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link.  If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.

Bookmark this Job | Print Preview | Apply to this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Please complete and submit the online quick application and attach required documents. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; for full consideration, please apply by May 26, 2014.
Posting Details

Applications will be accepted until midnight (Eastern Time Zone) on the 'Posting End Date' shown below.

Position Information Job Title Systems Administrator Applications Accepted From Public: Open to the Public Special Instructions to Applicants

Please complete and submit the online quick application and attach required documents.

Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; for full consideration, please apply by May 26, 2014.

Posting Number 2014187FA Job Description

The Entry Level Systems Administrator position will assist in installs, maintenance, upgrades and/or administers hardware and/or software in an assigned single technology domain, will recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment and provides technical support and guidance to users.

This position will participate in projects and initiatives as they relate to the end-user support function.

Also supports other technology domains as required with oversight and guidance from domain experts and management. Utilizes vendor supplies and 3rd party utilities for monitoring. Diagnoses, analyzes, and resolves issues for customer(s) in assigned single technology domain (i.e. Windows, Linux, Data Center Technology Administration, Exchange Administration, and Storage Administration).

Minimum Qualifications

Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other directly related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, consideration will be given to candidates who have equivalent experience.

At least 2 years’ experience in any single area or a combination of the following:
-installing
-monitoring & maintaining
-configuring based on previously engineered provisioning specifications
-upgrading
-administering & operating a single technology domain (i.e. Windows Server, Linux Server, Data Center Tech, Exchange and/or Storage Administration, etc.)

Exceptional organizational and communication skills.

https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/9910

Maybe some ORDN peeps could take advantage of this one.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a system I haven't heard of for a couple years.

You guys still use it, I know because I work for Hyland and I see they are currently paying maintenance :) and I'm pretty sure I've taken a call or two from them :)

Mostly in admissions I want to say. You may use it and never know, we have cool integrations like that :D

Sent from my iPhone.

You guys still use it, I know because I work for Hyland and I see they are currently paying maintenance :) and I'm pretty sure I've taken a call or two from them :)

Mostly in admissions I want to say. You may use it and never know, we have cool integrations like that :D

Sent from my iPhone.

I worked with several document imaging solution companies a couple years ago that used OnBase at the core.

At one point, it was suggested that we all get admin training from Hyland. But that fell through after the price was annouced. Haha.

I don't work with it directly anymore.

I do every day :) there was an OnBase admin job for OU a few months back... I should have applied. I work in Tech Support so I get to see all types of systems/ issues, then I get to fix them lol.

Sent from my iPhone.