She ain't so purdy now.

Unk Greg

Pulled the red bird outa the garage decided to ride to work, in drive idling and I go back into house to get my gear....upon returning I find ole red down on itz side. Finding a guy to help I pick it up and see scuffed panels where they used to be pristine.

The rest of the story is...ride in and the water jug in my back pack was gone at work...back pack unzipped itself and my water is now roadside trash .... Somewhere....then at work I got to sit in a crowded tornado shelter for 1 and a half hours ....remind me to take a folding chair next time....

Upshot of this? Simple fall over and replacement pcs/parts at $2700 and a few more bucks with change too. Insurance is sending their appraiser out.

Dent in tank....half of cost on pcs is the gas tank. The guy at shop exclaimed....that is the MOST expensive gas tank I have ever priced.

So how iz yer day?

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Mine has dropped on both sides in my gravel driveway. It drives me crazy that it looks like it has slid down some pavement but both times it has been down it was sitting still. 

Thanks all. Just a sick feeling walking out and seeing it laying there. Aforementioned price included them doing the work. Stopped on at shop and said replace everything that got damaged and lemme know how much. Didn't expect that much.

Insurance guy left.....his estimate was more than my local shop!

Within $90.00 of totaling the bike!!!!! Wow! He said salvage value was $900. They get from wrecking yard (my term).

I'm thinking of striking up a friendship with our local insurance agents.....if they are only $900.00 for the cosmetic damage I had from salvage dealer.....I'll be looking to buy a bunch of "totaled" blackbirds for that amount!

All is right with the world.bike will be fixed. I am opting to replace damaged items. Switching out pcs/partz and not repairing.my choice.

Biggest aggravation was the dent in the gas tank...very expensive. It was like half of the total bill. Just one of the Aaaaaarrrrggggh, kinda things in life.

• 4 months later...

Been offline for awhile....Big Red, it has been fixed...with all new stuff!

The saga: brought it to the shop on their designated day..."it'll take 2weeks". I peeked in a week or so later....oh, yeah, we were gonna call you. Can't get some parts, he said "Issue" - I hate that PC....back order on the tank and side fairing. They will be in on such and such day. After several days after the delayed date....nope, not rec'd. Short of this conversation was....since it is only cosmetic damage and totally operable....I' ll take it and ride it....already have missed 8 weeks of nice riding weather. You call me when you actually get the parts in and I'll bring it back in. I have never seen the bike this dirty....inch thick of shop dust on it.

So i got some riding in after all. Parts came in and I dropped it off. 1 week later I pick it up, on a Friday. Enjoyed it tgat day and Saturday. saturday, wife not enjoying the afternoon ride....and tole me so she just wanted to go back home. It was Busa, Ducati and me on RedBird totally oblivious to wife being left way back on SR520.... So I cut back and even left her ride ahead.

Sunday momma and I are gonna go out Sunday ride....Ulp!!! Rear tire has just a hint of cords showing down the center. Not taking it out.

So dug out the accidental purchase RED cruiser, and followed here around on her cruiser.

2tall....the soccer mom hasn't been on old yeller much.....her husband has been having too much fun throwing it around. He has parked his big Beemer and takes her bike out instead.

Now if I can figure out how to not drag my heels in corners.....and, I got on big Red yesterday and all I could do to bend my legs up to get the feet on the pegs.