Youth Roadracing.. The future of our sport!!

fireman_343

So.. I posted this on the OMRL FB page. I'll post it here too for those not on FB or a part of our club.. Or maybe it will get more youth to come race with us??

You want to know what it is like to be behind a FAST Youth Roadracer? Gavin was doing very well out there this weekend..I LOVE watching kids progress throughout the seasons.. My plan yesterday was to get some video of him in front of me so his father could "critique" his lines, where he needs to get on the throttle, on or off the brakes, body position, etc...Then pass him and he can watch my lines.. So, little did I know he would BLOCK me everywhere from trying to get around and lappers played a part too (lol)... but all excuses aside... Gavin beat me and deserves it.. He raced a great race, I'm HAPPY to push him to one of his fastest laps (maybe his fastest lap) around CRP. Watch out for this kid.. he reminds me of Harrison Ringel and Tyler Butts when they raced minis with me years ago and they are now crazy fast young men! Gavin has a bright future ahead... this is what our sport is all about... but you better know this little dude... I won't give you the lead again! HAHA

F3 race 2 (Gavin 1st, me 2nd)

F3 race 1 (me 1st, Gavin 2nd)

16332FCF-9FC4-45C2-A167-C299C7AA602A_zps

Edited by fireman_343

He is fast. I'm not ashamed to say I've followed that 10yo kid to learn his line around CRP. He has a bright future if AMA Pro and DMG don't ruin the sport before he gets there.

I dropped 6 seconds of my times from following Gavin and Gotham.

Been watching him progress from the end of last season to what he is doing this season. Great young kid that is VERY polite and has a great head on his shoulders. That obviously comes from great parenting, and Adam deserves a lot of the credit for being a great father and someone that is the true definition of a parent! I look forward to watching him in the big leagues some day.

Been watching him progress from the end of last season to what he is doing this season.

yep.  It's crazy how much quicker he's gotten since last year.   Not sure if something just "clicked" for him, or if he's getting more seat time, or just growing into his abilities.   Regardless, I am having fun trying to keep up.

speaking of keeping up, Gotham came out of nowhere this weekend. Last round he was in the mid or high :58's, and then Saturday he beat Kent, and turned a bunch of :56's.