No data phone nav.

Tonik

So I have been using CoPilot for years for Nav on my phone. It does pre route planning, custom routes and does not need data...all the maps are on the phone.  It hasn't been updated much as far as functionality and pre planning is a PITA but doable.  Plus they don't have an option to move maps to SD card anymore. So I started looking for something new. And I found the holy grail of offline phone nav.

Sygic.  Available for Android and Iphone.  35 bucks for the whole US, 55 bucks for North America. It is freaking awesome, really pretty, easy on the battery even though I plug it in. And it is easy peasy to get a map from Google maps on the computer to the phone.  Just copy they Google URL into a program on the computer...it re plots your route and saves it to the right file type for Sygic.

They have a seven day trial that is fully functional, give it a whirl. I am very happy with it. It can be set to scream at you if you are approaching a sharp turn...all kinds of cool stuff. Speed cameras...most all of the above included. The only extra charges are for real time traffic and for HUD. Although HUD on a bike would be difficult.

https://www.sygic.com/en

• Upvote 1