WTB: Lap Timer

Limitedslip7

I posted a wtb ad on the WERA forum and got a great deal on a lap timer. In case you have considered it, the $50 lap timers do not work with the track beacon. I tried. :(

JB and I use $50 Moto-D lap timers from amazon on the minis.  They work great for what they cost, and they come with a beacon.

We have the advantage of having 2 beacons (one with each of our timers) so we can leave it on all morning and just swap the beacon (rather than the battery) at lunch time.

http://www.amazon.com/MOTO-D-Racing-LT-011-Lap-Timer/dp/B005LDFD3K/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1402599829&sr=1-1&keywords=lap+timer

JB has started to play with the Harry's lap timer app on his iPhone.  The $100 antenna is the most expensive part.  It's pretty cool, but you kill the phone battery quickly, and you have to find a way to mount your phone in a manner that it has a prayer of surviving a crash...  The $50 cheapies are a lot more useful honestly.

Edited by redkow97