WTB- wr250x-wr250r

oldschoolsdime92

Why a 250?

Seems to be a good all around commuter/kart track toy. I'm not looking to race, just have fun. The maintenance intervals are fantastic on them, as the longevity appears to be as well. I also like the fuel injection, and the fact that it has a 6th gear. I am open to other suggestions, but thats what my main search is for. 

Maintance intervals are awesome on that bike (yamaha). Had a friend that had one, let him ride my drz and he favored the drz. I know there is a lengthy write up on supermotojunkie.com about the wr250x vs drzsm.

The fuel injection and mpg is nice though.

Maintance intervals are awesome on that bike (yamaha). Had a friend that had one, let him ride my drz and he favored the drz. I know there is a lengthy write up on supermotojunkie.com about the wr250x vs drzsm.

The fuel injection and mpg is nice though.

My personal perspective:

For any off-road, the WR is a better bike. For on-road, the DRZ is better, especially for any long distances.

• Upvote 1

I run the dog shit out of mine no prob

MJ88 has 2 of them with 1000's of miles and no probs, 12,000 on one I believe. Hutch has a shit ton of miles on his too.

Bike 1 has 15,000+ hard miles, 70-75mph all day long 200-350 mile days, Every weekend! It will be at PIRC this weekend getting the shit ran out of it.

Bike 2 had 8,000+ hard miles and I lost the rod bearing earlier this year. This is the first problem I've had with either bike. Both bikes all hard street use.

I think the WR 250 would be a fun small track bike, but it wouldn't do it for me on the street. Unless I was running to store to get some tampons for the wife.

Edited by Mj 88
  • Upvote 1