Hottest thing going to work

Big Chief201

Huh? the link you sent says this.

How do I obtain Motorcycle License or Endorsement? Top

Contact a driver's license examination station to make an appointment for the on-cycle examination. No fee is charged for this test. The examination stations are located in the back of the Motorcycle Operators Manual.

You must bring a street legal motorcycle to the examination site and you must wear a helmet and eye protection during the test.

After you have passed the On-Cycle Test, the examiner will fill out and validate the blue copy of the driving permit from your packet. The blue permit, red permit, and your drivers license (if you have one) must be presented to the license agency to receive your motorcycle license or to add a motorcycle endorsement to your current valid license. A fee is charged for issuing this new license.

If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must show proof of completing all GDL requirements and a motorcycle safety course before you are eligible to take the On-Cycle Test, to obtain a motorcycle license or endorsement.

If you are 18 years old or above, you are not required to complete either course to take the On-Cycle Test. However, completion of the motorcycle course will help provide you with the skills to pass the test

You wouldn't think they would say the "however" part if the course got u out of taking the test at the DMV?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? the link you sent says this.

How do I obtain Motorcycle License or Endorsement? Top

Contact a driver's license examination station to make an appointment for the on-cycle examination. No fee is charged for this test. The examination stations are located in the back of the Motorcycle Operators Manual.

You must bring a street legal motorcycle to the examination site and you must wear a helmet and eye protection during the test.

After you have passed the On-Cycle Test, the examiner will fill out and validate the blue copy of the driving permit from your packet. The blue permit, red permit, and your drivers license (if you have one) must be presented to the license agency to receive your motorcycle license or to add a motorcycle endorsement to your current valid license. A fee is charged for issuing this new license.

If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must show proof of completing all GDL requirements and a motorcycle safety course before you are eligible to take the On-Cycle Test, to obtain a motorcycle license or endorsement.

If you are 18 years old or above, you are not required to complete either course to take the On-Cycle Test. However, completion of the motorcycle course will help provide you with the skills to pass the test

You wouldn't think they would say the "however" part if the course got u out of taking the test at the DMV?

Yeah not sure why it's worded like that. If you pass the MSF course (and 18 or older) you get your endorsement you take to the DMV to get added to your license without having to take the riding test there.

cant bet learning how to ride and get your lic for $25....

It's costing us $300 each?:mad: I get $75 off thru honda because i bought a new bike but where the heck is there a course for $25? The one we are taking is 4 days long at the Hardley Dealer and two days of it we get to ride Beull's. Then if you pass the course you don't have to take the test at the DMV you just show them your certification. I already have my endorsement form way back but you can never be too safe.

Dude, you didnt tell me that!!!!!

i think the Diff is A MSF course $300 gets you a free pass Vs. a Motorcycle Ohio course $25 doesn't???

Na we already paid months ago and she's psyched for it. Unless we can get into one now. I might try.

if u want you can find out when the next classroom part of the course is and right before class they raffle off a couple spots and whoever they call gets to take the whole course. there were 2 ppl that got in my class that didnt sign up because they called their names.

i think the Diff is A MSF course $300 gets you a free pass Vs. a Motorcycle Ohio course $25 doesn't???

Na we already paid months ago and she's psyched for it. Unless we can get into one now. I might try.

No completely wrong, they are ripping you off. The $25 Motorcycle Ohio course IS an MSF course.

if u want you can find out when the next classroom part of the course is and right before class they raffle off a couple spots and whoever they call gets to take the whole course. there were 2 ppl that got in my class that didnt sign up because they called their names.

+1

Same thing happened in mine and my wife's courses.

this sucks ass. i hate getting ripped off. I'm gonna have a few words with the hardley course lady and see how they can substantiate the price diff. Pisses me off.

Actually according to the MSF site the national average is only $100. So for H-D to charge $300 for a course where there state helps kick in so it's only $25 is even more ridiculous. Especially when you consider places like the Troy Honda course exist.

Really? All I've ever heard from other sites is 300. I think all the metric dealerships up here charge 300, but the only one I'm sure of is State 8. However, the state is not subsidizing the HD courses, they just honor them like any other MSF class.

I took the course from HD just for the convenience factor of being able to schedule the course mid summer and be in it 2 weeks later. Can't do that with the State course. It was worth it for me to get it over and done with.

Really? All I've ever heard from other sites is 300. I think all the metric dealerships up here charge 300, but the only one I'm sure of is State 8. However, the state is not subsidizing the HD courses, they just honor them like any other MSF class.

I took the course from HD just for the convenience factor of being able to schedule the course mid summer and be in it 2 weeks later. Can't do that with the State course. It was worth it for me to get it over and done with.

I'm sure there are slots open at $300 a head. I just scheduled mine early in the year and got in no problem. The $25 I spent I got reimbursed since I'm an HRCA member so I basically got it for free.

I walked in on one of the state courses here in Columbus....got in....paid $25....finished class....piece of cake. People passed that class even though they shouldn't be walking next to a motorcycle, let alone ride one!!!:nono: Can't really say I learned a ton and didn't find the class to be mind numbing...but you might as well attempt to learn something when you are getting a license. I think they should make the MSF course mandatory and more strict on passing people.

I walked in on one of the state courses here in Columbus....got in....paid $25....finished class....piece of cake. People passed that class even though they shouldn't be walking next to a motorcycle, let alone ride one!!!:nono: Can't really say I learned a ton and didn't find the class to be mind numbing...but you might as well attempt to learn something when you are getting a license. I think they should make the MSF course mandatory and more strict on passing people.

We had 3 people get failed in the course I took.

I'm sure there are slots open at $300 a head. I just scheduled mine early in the year and got in no problem. The $25 I spent I got reimbursed since I'm an HRCA member so I basically got it for free.

It's the early in the year thing. You have to schedule it within a day or so of them announcing the schedule or you won't get in till fall. My buddy scheduled his in Feb, got into the first class, then the dumbass forgot to renew his temps beforehand and got kicked out. Tried to reschedule and no open slots till fall. In fact, I think that happened the same weekend we were at the dyno day, I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

It's the early in the year thing. You have to schedule it within a day or so of them announcing the schedule or you won't get in till fall. My buddy scheduled his in Feb, got into the first class, then the dumbass forgot to renew his temps beforehand and got kicked out. Tried to reschedule and no open slots till fall. In fact, I think that happened the same weekend we were at the dyno day, I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

Ugh that sucks.