HID retrofits?

Earache

Does anyone here have experience with HID retrofit kits on bikes? I need to do something to help the shitty headlight on my Ducati Sport 1000.

Any brands or kits that you can recommend? Pros? Cons?

I have the xenonrider kit, its a nice cheap kit too. The only downfall is that its a retrofit, so the cutoff will never be as clean as a true projector HID. But compared to stock, its worlds brighter. I would choose either 4300k or 5000k, those are going to have the best light output. xenonrider & xenonexpert are two good companies to buy from.

Thanks Aaron. I realize the beam pattern isn't going to be all that great unless going with a projector - I'd just like some more and brighter light.

Might have to get a Xenonexpert kit.

www.xenonlink.com

These are similar, select a bulb type and color for the bike. They are simple plug and play systems. 10 minutes to install, 45 minutes to find a place to hide the ballast. I suggest keeping it to a low beam unless you redirect your high beam. I blew several fuses due to the power surge of turning the high beam on several times.

there are tutorials on how to use a relay to turn on the light after the bike is already started (most new models do this already). Although HID's use less wattage to produce more light they have a high initial current draw and they dont like to be turned on and off frequently.

there are tutorials on how to use a relay to turn on the light after the bike is already started (most new models do this already). Although HID's use less wattage to produce more light they have a high initial current draw and they dont like to be turned on and off frequently.

Yeah its pretty cool, i guy on 600rr.net makes them too..