Thoughts on NCM Motorsports Park

Jester_

This is the Corvette Museum, correct? 

WERA is looking into booking there, which means there will be Friday track days prior to the round (I hope).  The track does look pretty awesome, and they have a ton of configurations. 

that straight will get boring, but the cars need a lot more space to stretch their legs.  That's why Gingerman expanded their back straight.

• 1 month later...

Had a similar feeling from one on-track video in a truck, but I also thought it could be perspective from the video.  There were a couple walls that looked to be exterior barriers that looked very unfriendly as well, but once again POV.  Would love the chance to take a closer look!

the vids I have seen show tire walls way too close to the race line.

I hope those are movable during a motorcycle event.

Either way, I'm excited for another racetrack within a 3 hr drive from home. :)

The tire walls don't look like they're in their final position. It looks like they are standing on end. Probably just staged for placement.  

I'm going down there tomorrow to walk the track

Myself and a friend just registered for October 25th and 26th at NCM, will see how it goes I suppose.

I noticed that they have 3 classes of racing each of those days in addition to the track day program. Any idea how that works as far as track time?

Thinking about signing up for both track days.

You talk to anyone willing to disclose how attendance was looking?

I need to figure out finances and what I'm doing with this NYST groupon, but this is far enough out I might be up for riding.

I emailed the org putting on the track day about the availability/cost of camping, also the availability of electricity. This was their reply.

"I am working on your question regarding camping and should have an answer for you shortly. 

Given parts of the facility will still be going up when we are there electricity might not be installed yet so I would plan on bringing a Generator. Maybe we will be supposed and it will be installed."

I also brought up the concerns of the run off in certain parts of the track. I had read that this org has its own air fence and figured that it would be in use.  This is what I got in reply to that question.

"That is a concern shared by more than you. We are going out to the track for testing in September to see what will be needed at the track. Every motorcycle group that is renting the track in 2014 and 2015 will be out there the same weekend. 

Once that is complete we will be giving members information on safety barriers that's we will need. But in short there will be Airfence, hay bails and or soft barriers deployed. At the moment the question will be how much.

Thanks "

Edited by Jester_