Motorcyclist shot by his own gun

Strictly Street

Motorcyclist shot by his own gun during bizarre hit-and-run collision in Black Hawk Car driver flees, later arrested

In a bizarre chain reaction, Black Hawk police say a motorcyclist was shot in the chest when a gun he was carrying went off as a hit-and-run car struck the motorcycle.

The hit-and-run happened about 10:15 a.m. at Highway 119 and Richman Street in Black Hawk.

A four-door Chevrolet sedan hit the motorcycle and the rider was thrown to the ground, Police Chief Stephen Cole told 7NEWS. The impact of the collision caused a handgun the motorcyclist was carrying to fire, shooting the rider in the chest.

The Chevy driver fled the scene. The motorcyclist, a 60-year-old Pennsylvania man, suffered serious injuries and was rushed by ambulance to a Denver hospital. Police recovered the handgun at the scene, Cole said.

Gilpin County sheriff's deputies later found the Chevy sedan abandoned at a campground north of Black Hawk. The driver, a white man in his 30s or 40s, ran from the car. He was wearing a black T-shirt and black shorts.

Police arrested the hit-and-run suspect about 1:30 p.m. after he was spotted near Highway 119 and Gap Road north of town.

During the search for the driver, authorities sent emergency telephone notifications to residents in the area

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/motorcyclist-shot-by-his-own-gun-during-bizarre-hit-and-run-collision-in-black-hawk

You just can't make this stuff up!

Sounds to me like thats the risk you take when you carry, especially when you decide to keep your gun loaded all the time.

Not sure if trolling or just a complete lack of knowledge about firearms in general.

• Upvote 1

If it was an older revolver, the kind where the hammer actually is the firing pin then I guess I could see it going off from impact...I've seen a glove get dragged behind a truck on a rocky dirt road for 2 miles and not discharge.

I hope I never get shot by a glove. Dam that would hurt. Plus I'd never live that down. I will keep my gloves unloaded.

• Upvote 2