High ropes in Westerville

OsuMj

Did anyone even know this place exists?  I've lived in Columbus for over 10 years and have never heard of it.

Summit Vision, this is one of the courses. 
gallery_10051_79_2461013.jpg

and, trying to not lose my balance

gallery_10051_79_1248010.jpg

This place is crazy!  There's another high ropes course, a zip line, an obstacle course, lots of really cool things.

So, is this just a fantastic columbus secret? or am I the only one that hasn't heard of this place?

Edited by OsuMj
  • Upvote 2

There's also Camp Mary Orton off 23 just north of 270. I've been there a couple times. It's a lot of fun.

I don't think you can just go there though. It's a camp for under privileged kids. They also do corporate events. But I don't think it's open to the public. I volunteer there occasionally.

We did this thing called "the swing".  If you look at the first pic, at the platform where the lady is sitting, you're hooked into some wires and you basically jump off of that platform and about 1/3 of the way down, the wires swing you away and you end up swinging back and forth for a bit.  Even though I saw several people successfully do it, I still had a hard time convincing my legs that it was OK to step off of the platform... even the second time I did it, I had to say out loud, "step off the platform"... so crazy.

I definitely spent about 5 mins in the middle hugging the pole too.  Just, sitting, hugging the pole.  lol.

I don't think you can just go there though. It's a camp for under privileged kids. They also do corporate events. But I don't think it's open to the public. I volunteer there occasionally.

You could be right, I've never gone on my own. First time was a middle school field trip, second time was for a company outing. 

We did this thing called "the swing".  If you look at the first pic, at the platform where the lady is sitting, you're hooked into some wires and you basically jump off of that platform and about 1/3 of the way down, the wires swing you away and you end up swinging back and forth for a bit.  Even though I saw several people successfully do it, I still had a hard time convincing my legs that it was OK to step off of the platform... even the second time I did it, I had to say out loud, "step off the platform"... so crazy.

I definitely spent about 5 mins in the middle hugging the pole too.  Just, sitting, hugging the pole.  lol.

My family and I did a really awesome canopy obstacle course down in Florida this Summer, what a workout and it was a blast!!! I need to check this out, quite embarrasses being that I live in Westerville and am unaware of this. :(

When my wife & I went white water rafting on the Youghiogheny river on a Laurel Highlands River tour, we hit a "zipline adventure park" the day prior that looked a lot like that...  It was a blast!

It took us about 30-45 minutes to make it through the course the first time, and after that, we could each do it in about ten!  And the ONLY thing that changed was our own confidence level.  Still blows my mind.