9yr Old Princess Introduced To Israeli Firearms History, Accident Ensues, Not Surprisingly

BadTrainDriver

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/27/firing-range-instructor-hands-9-year-old-an-uzi-now-hes-dead/?tid=hp_mm

A 9-year-old girl at a shooting range outside Las Vegas accidentally killed an instructor on Monday morning when she lost control of the Uzi he was showing her how to use.

A partial video of the incident — which does not show the instructor being shot — shows a slender young girl in a ponytail and pink shorts beside a man clad in camouflage pants, a black T-shirt and sunglasses. “Allriiight!” he says, congratulating her after she fires the gun in single-shot mode. “All right, full auto!” he says. Then comes a spray of bullets and a child’s scream before the video cuts off.

Too bad he died. I'd have liked to see him incarcerated for child endangerment. He was an idiot and that poor girl will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

Isaac got his first gun when he was 9 years old. It was a single-shot .22 rifle. He is more mature with firearms than most adults I know. He hasn't shot anything larger than .380, and never full-auto anything.

You don't teach a child firearm safety with a machine pistol. The parents are lucky she didn't kill herself, or anybody else.

Similar with my kiddo.  Introduced her to an airsoft when she was 7 and used only on range with eye protection and one pellet loaded at a time, then the same with a BB gun at 8, then a .22 at 9, then 9mm and 12g chambered with single rounds at a time at 15.  No full-autos.  She has a healthy respect for guns and knows to evaluate range partners and instructors suspiciously.  I've made a point to show her bullet holes in stall dividers as proof that carelessness can happen any time, and can be fatal.

• Upvote 1

I was a machine gunner in the USMC.  The first time we live fired a full auto weapon it was with a single round to get familiar with it's operation.  Then 2 & 3 round bursts.      

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

I got my firearms training in the navy, and I've NEVER fired anything in full auto mode.  Short of being in a jungle in a Vietnam-style scenario, I don't think I'll ever need to.  With a weapon in SEMI-automatic mode, I'm pretty confident I could kill anything I could see.  Unless they kill me first, of course, hence the need for full-auto & overwhelming/supressing firepower :D

Really, though, short of TSHTF, I can't imagine a need for anyone to have full auto... much less a 9 year old girl.