I found Deals gap's baby brother, Iron Mountain Road SD

sturg

Late in August the wife & I packed up our Sequoia (including the DR a trailer hitch mounted carrier) & left Columbus to being our new adventurous life in Colorado. From the the get go I made sure to avoid the dreaded i-70 drive (aka death by boredom), so we went North West. I routed us through Sioux city, the Badlands & into Black Hills forest SD. Here is where the gem laid. 

By nothing but sheer luck we arrived a few days after the Sturgis rally let out & pretty much had the campground to our self. Furthermore  our temporary place of residence was smack dab in the middle of the 17mi stretch of 314 turns that made up 16a, Iron Mountain Road. I had the bike off the carrier & warmed up before my wife could remove the tent poles out of the bag. 

There were a couple snafu's; I only had a helmet & gloves for protection, the knobby wheel set was on, my rear brake was operating at about 50% &  I had no way of changing out the main jet for the altitude of 5-6000 ft. Despite this & my urge to go about twice as fast as i should, the ride was absolutely spectacular. I attempted to make a video by mounting my cell phone to the spedo gauge using suction cup window mount we had in the Sequoia.

The whole video is 30 minutes but I'd encourage you to watch the first 10 minutes...thats where the real fun is.

Edited by sturg

I was stuck behind a mini van for half of it. :(

I did too. If you watch the entire video I had to split the ride into two parts. First coming southbound from the north to the 1/2 way point the it cuts to me starting at the most southern point heading northbound to Scott the 1/2 point.

Most people pulled over our slowed to Kerrry me pass...not the minivan.