Home Projects, anyone have these done lately?

madcat6183

So not looking to get anything done real soon but want to have at least an idea what I am looking at;

1)New dimensional shingle roof, full tearoff, replace any bad sheeting, etc.  Not a layover.  Anyone around Cbus have one done lately?  If so how many sqft was the home, ranch, 2 level, etc.  I know they do it in "Squares" but I haven't measured the roof yet to get that number, so more just looking for sqft house.  Who did you go with in the Cbus area, anyone offer 0%, free money is good?  Etc. 

I plan to add at least 1 skylight and maybe some more venting into the attic.

2)Skylights?  Anyone have any done lately?  We have a stairwell that is 2 stories but has no lights in it so I would like to add a sky light when we do the roof.  Not one that opens or anything, just super basic.

3)HVAC, looking for a 92-96 efficiency gas, and AC unit, 3-3.5 ton 15-16 SEER.  I know I will just call Grapesmuggler when it comes time, but I am seeing Goodman units online for like 2,600-3,000 so nothing too crazy, just really no idea what markup is or labor cost.  Obviously will get with Joe, and some other companies too if they offer 0% financing I always like free money. 

4)Master shower remodel, this is hard to go by as I think we just want to get the pan and the walls replaced with 12x12 ceramic tiles, nothing too crazy.

5)Wood work, trim, 6 panel doors, etc.  Any good names to go with?

We got a handyman that just put up a new rear gutter for me from 5 to 6 inch and said he can/will do #4 and #5, and even #1 but want to get other peoples input.  I know Bowdog gave me an electrician's name for some minor work and then a transfer switch install, just need to call him soon.

Thanks

Edited by madcat6183

4)Master shower remodel, this is hard to go by as I think we just want to get the pan and the walls replaced with 12x12 ceramic tiles, nothing too crazy.

Advice for #4, don't use tile in a shower.  It looks nice but will be maintenance nightmare cleaning mold from the grout.

I tiled a shower before and regretted it.  I used some high end mold resistant grout and still had issues.   Do a web search and see if you still want to do this.

Advice for #4, don't use tile in a shower.  It looks nice but will be maintenance nightmare cleaning mold from the grout.

I tiled a shower before and regretted it.  I used some high end mold resistant grout and still had issues.   Do a web search and see if you still want to do this.

I think we are actually using the fake tile, like wallboard kinda stuff.  Almost hard to explain but saw it at HD and after talking with wife think we're going that route.  Imagine its way cheaper too. 

Pm me if you want some quotes. I work for lowes and we install all of the above and now do kitchen and bath remodels. We have financing plans available also. 0% goes along way when you spend that kind of money.