next trackbike

RHill

For that bike, I'd become a fair weather rider and stop buying take-offs......at least for the sake of the carbon fiber.  Along with that, I'd be taking out my own policy for benefactors as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure your policy covers racing. My wife decided to check mine and it doesn't.

Your life policy doesn't cover racing?? Ditch it. lol. Usually they just ask if you plan on racing in the next 2 years. Just like the suicide thing with life policies. 24 mos is the general timeframe. after that you're pretty much covered for anything but war.

• 3 weeks later...

OK boys and girls....

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2015-Ninja-H2R#scrolltoh2r

Exhaust Sound
The exhaust sound level of the H2R at the time of factory shipment is 120 dB/A using Auto Cycle Union (ACU) guidelines. It is the owner’s responsibility to confirm that noise regulations of closed courses permit vehicles reaching this level of exhaust sound. Changes to the exhaust system may alter performance and sound level.

Vehicle Warranty:
The H2R is sold “As is” with no warranties, express or implied. The purchaser accepts all responsibilities concerning cost of service, maintenance and repairs.

Speaking of maintenance

• For every 15 hours of running over 8,000 min-1, the engine needs to be inspected. For every 30 hours, an engine bottom end overhaul is needed.

h2r_technology_01.jpg

No specs on the R model yet.  But the street version is 525lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at claimed 300 hp, that's a little sketchy.  If it is at 300 hp, it will be at the same power to weight as the new Panigale R...  Just sayin...

It's awesome tech.  And even more, it is awesome that so many people are looking at open bikes.  But the R1 and Panigale R are the ones to really be looking at.  The ZX10 will still be solid as well.  BMW is meh and the Aprilia will be 200 hp when I shit gold...

• Upvote 1

….and the Aprilia will be 200 hp when I shit gold...

From EICMA:

Fresh off a World Superbike Championship victory, you might think that the team from Aprilia would be content that they had the best race-ready 1,000cc motorcycle available. Fortunately, the Italian manufacturer doesn't see things that way. Enter the new 2015 Aprilia RSV4 RR.

With a peak output of 201 horsepower and 85 pound-feet of torque from its 65-degree V4 engine, the new RR boasts 16 more ponies than before. Just as importantly, it sheds three pounds from its overall weight, which further helps the RSV4 RR achieve a much greater power-to-weight ratio than ever before. Not like it really needed it, but who are we to complain? And if you want even more performance, consider the RSV4 RF, which also debuted at EICMA, and its higher-spec suspension and wheel package.

​Start shittin'….I'll take a few doubloons when yer finished. :D

From EICMA:

Fresh off a World Superbike Championship victory, you might think that the team from Aprilia would be content that they had the best race-ready 1,000cc motorcycle available. Fortunately, the Italian manufacturer doesn't see things that way. Enter the new 2015 Aprilia RSV4 RR.

With a peak output of 201 horsepower and 85 pound-feet of torque from its 65-degree V4 engine, the new RR boasts 16 more ponies than before. Just as importantly, it sheds three pounds from its overall weight, which further helps the RSV4 RR achieve a much greater power-to-weight ratio than ever before. Not like it really needed it, but who are we to complain? And if you want even more performance, consider the RSV4 RF, which also debuted at EICMA, and its higher-spec suspension and wheel package.

​Start shittin'….I'll take a few doubloons when yer finished. :D

Aprilia has a history of claimed hp that turns out to be well off.  My point was they "claim" 201, but we will see.  For example, typical to be 20+ hp down from claims.  This is computed backwards from the rear wheel, also...  Point was that if the Priller has 180 at the ground, I will start shittin gold...

Aprilia has a history of claimed hp that turns out to be well off.

A bike manufacturer fudging dyno numbers???  Never happen….would it?  That would mean they might be lying about final production weight as well….

Edited by Bubba

one thing about that h2r though... compared to the panigale... it's going to have a seriously huge torque curve being boosted. Best advantage of a S/C setup is all that instant torque throughout the curve, not just the peak number.