WTB: Have some old computer memory laying around?

Casper

Ok, the offer may be off the table.  Not sure if they are any good.  I put them in an older Xp machine I have to do garmin map routing.  All was good till trying to run prime 95, it refused to run stable and was failing within a few seconds.  Shut down, checked and reset the memory timings in BIOS and I think I may have bricked it.  Bios won't even boot now.  Tried a bios reset, no good.  Put the old memory back in with a bios reset and same thing.  I gotta research the boot step it's locking on but Its not getting far before failing.

I have some sitting here.  Six of them, 4 are Corsair XMS2, the other 2 are Crucial Ballistix.  All of them have 4.4.4.12 timings, 1024MB Modules.

I think this is what I have, but the modules say 4.4.4.12 timings on them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590

Edited by jporter12

I have some sitting here. Six of them, 4 are Corsair XMS2, the other 2 are Crucial Ballistix. All of them have 4.4.4.12 timings, 1024MB Modules.

I think this is what I have, but the modules say 4.4.4.12 timings on them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590

How much do you want for them and when are you free? :)

Ok, the offer may be off the table. Not sure if they are any good. I put them in an older Xp machine I have to do garmin map routing. All was good till trying to run prime 95, it refused to run stable and was failing within a few seconds. Shut down, checked and reset the memory timings in BIOS and I think I may have bricked it. Bios won't even boot now. Tried a bios reset, no good. Put the old memory back in with a bios reset and same thing. I gotta research the boot step it's locking on but Its not getting far before failing.

No worries at all.

Sorry, my sticks are probably no good. The PC I tried them in is toast. It worked fine before putting these sticks in and its a paperweight now. Its failing the POST checks and won't even boot far enough to get into the bios. I've run out of spare hardware that im willing to risk burning up and don't want to pass it on and risk your machine.

Sorry, my sticks are probably no good. The PC I tried them in is toast. It worked fine before putting these sticks in and its a paperweight now. Its failing the POST checks and won't even boot far enough to get into the bios. I've run out of spare hardware that im willing to risk burning up and don't want to pass it on and risk your machine.

I'm not even sure how memory could do that.

Neither do I. Its an evga board so it has the numerical POST indicator on it. During boot it is always crashing between the video init and before the bios is available for access. The # on the display almost always stops at 50 which is for the USB hub subsystem. Got me confused as heck. I've unplugged everything from the board other than the power supply and the power button and keyboard and it refuses to start. Tonight is to pull the video card and drop it down to a single memory stick and try another keyboard to see what I can get.

What particular speed of DDR2? I have 2GB unbuffered PC2-6400 that I can't use (at least 10 sticks). Or 2 sticks of 2Gb PC2-5300... Most of these are new in package... so they should be good...

Free if you are willing to drive to Delaware to get it.

I might be able to swing an evening trip to somewhere on the north side of Cbus, (dublin, worthington, etc...) if you need...depending on what night you are available...

You've got to be kidding me.  After all that Ben does for us and this site, you guys who are offering him the memory aren't even willing to give it to him, and ship it to him, for free?   I'm a tightwad, but not THAT tight.   The memory is worthless at this point, and shipping will be a couple of bucks.

You've got to be kidding me.  After all that Ben does for us and this site, you guys who are offering him the memory aren't even willing to give it to him, and ship it to him, for free?   I'm a tightwad, but not THAT tight.   The memory is worthless at this point, and shipping will be a couple of bucks.

I never said a price in my post, just "cheap."

Honestly, I think it would be much easier, and faster to meet up with him than it would be to ship it, in my case.

I never said a price in my post, just "cheap."

Honestly, I think it would be much easier, and faster to meet up with him than it would be to ship it, in my case.

Okay.  Point taken.  I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, but "cheap" implies a price of some sort, vs. "free".   Jus' sayin'.