06 GSXR 750 - 4k, MINT

silentcropduster

he is actually helping.. in a since.. not helping your friend but helping members and a potential buyer as a more of beware. as with race filters they do filter less and allow more dirt and grim in / not as much of a worry on the track as mileage is far less..  were as the street with 22k on it could have some possible internal issues. so thanks todd for informing others :)

"That's like stating u better not go WOT or be rough on your bike, u could blow your engine"...yeah it might be possible for an aftermarket filter to not filter as well but prove to me where the masses are having blown engines due to it? Or screwing w the valve seats or cylinder heads? Because I've yet to ever hear of it being a common problem. If it would happen it's due 2 not properly cleaning the air filter or not replacing the oem filter when it requires it. I like how my simple post turns into a discussion thats pointless, typical OR.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

some one needs to get off his high horse... there is a reason race filters are used on race bikes and not street. cleaning it isn't really the issue ;)..  you made the point yourself.. anything modified with out the proper supporting mod then it can become an issue.. btw it is proven that race filters don't filter as well.. its another reason why they are used on full built race bikes and they have to be rebuilt more often.. and yes riding a bike rough can and more often then not put more wear on the bike.. so does drag racing track riding.. and stunting... that's why people state not track ridden /  stunted or whatever else because we all know that certain mods/ riding styles  can be harmful to the bike 

oh and btw LBTS, GLWTS and PIIHB...

EDIT doesn't matter anyways your boy deleted his post

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

some one needs to get off his high horse... there is a reason race filters are used on race bikes and not street. cleaning it isn't really the issue ;).. you made the point yourself.. anything modified with out the proper supporting mod then it can become an issue.. btw it is proven that race filters don't filter as well.. its another reason why they are used on full built race bikes and they have to be rebuilt more often.. and yes riding a bike rough can and more often then not put more wear on the bike.. so does drag racing track riding.. and stunting... that's why people state not track ridden / stunted or whatever else because we all know that certain mods/ riding styles can be harmful to the bike

oh and btw LBTS, GLWTS and PIIHB...

EDIT doesn't matter anyways your boy deleted his post

Understood, and I think he sold it actually.

You are getting butt hurt because you don't like facts? Bmc and K&N both make great filters. They also both make a street and race filter. The race filter has no place in a street bike of 22k miles, other than ego boost or bragging rights. Doesn't matter how often you clean or maintain it, it still filters less.

Not a pointless discussion. Was meant to inform. But I'm used to that from you.

You are getting butt hurt because you don't like facts? Bmc and K&N both make great filters. They also both make a street and race filter. The race filter has no place in a street bike of 22k miles, other than ego boost or bragging rights. Doesn't matter how often you clean or maintain it, it still filters less.

Not a pointless discussion. Was meant to inform. But I'm used to that from you.

As I stated before, if this is such a big issue why do I not see more threads from blown engines due to it? On ANY bike forum I've EVER been on. Hmm, thats kind of odd? True I bet is does filter less bec it has less restriction & and I'm sure in some very rare cases it could cause ur bike to have issues. It's going overboard to state it will blow your shit up and cause major damage to your engine. Then again I should of expected this from you.

. It's going overboard to state it will blow your shit up and cause major damage to your engine. Then again I should of expected this from you.

You really can be a defensive little Jack Ass. Go back and reread everything no one ever said that.........but you.
  • Downvote 1

No one said it blows up.. we said it causes more wear and tear.. and it could let in bigger particles that can harm a street motor that deals with more dust. Dirt grim and debris. . Moving on to your post why don't you hear? Because 90% of people are smart enough to get the street filter version of them and not the race filter.. plus typically the race filter isn't just drop in as a street filter is... it needs a proper tune as well. Educate yourself before spouting forum "knowledge"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...