Shop-Vac

M_Quick

I have a cheap Stanley one I got at Menards.  Wife uses it to clean up cat puke and litter in the basement(yes I am serious).  2 years, no rust, and trust me, it isn't emptied often.  I love the filter replacement, it's a canister filter that you just unscrew and replace. 

My dad has the same one for his show car, so doesn't really see any moisture etc. but it works flawless and I would bet my mom has used it for some stuff that brought in moisture and he doesn't empty it often either.

Idt they are truly s/s, in fact a member on another forum said a magnet sticks to his everywhere. My old shop-vac is 20+ year's old. It was the small 5 gal type, that when the bucket rusted out. You just toss it, and it would snap onto a 5gal plastic bucket! Unit still works, just old and only 1.25 hp. It's still the original filter from late 1993. I'm going to call shop-vac tomorrow, and ask them about the 4 yr. Warranty, and if it covers rust. If not I think I will have to return it for plastic. Even though it does look sweet! 413ebdff44bb4cb3d4e76d2d570bcea6.jpg

Called to chk on warranty, and got some DA. When I asked if the tank was cover'd against rust for the 4 yr warranty period. They responded with, you should be okay as long as you drain it and wipe it dry after each use! Took awhile for them to verify my model #, I had to help them out by letting them know it was a Menards only model. Then a few mins later I was told it was cover'd for 4 yrs, So I asked again is the tank cover'd against rust, and was told yes we now cover tanks. So I decide to open it up, and find a tennis ball size dent in the tank, and the filter partially crushed. So I took it back and went to Sears and got one of the XSP models  for like 1/2 the price. Works well, but I need to get a adapter to use all my 1 1/4" accessory's, The ones that come with this are way to big to use on a car. Also they sale a muffler/defusser I want to get. I don't think the craftsman hose is as heavy duty as the shop vac brand, but the rest of the unit look's sweet, and it works well. Used it to suck all the debris out of the vents, before I tossed it in the garage. 

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-xsp-12-gallon-5.5-peak-hp-wet-dry/p-00912006000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=00912006000&kispla=00912006000P&kpid=00912006000&mktRedirect=y

Edited by M_Quick

Funny you mention this style, it's sorta like the one I've had for over 20 years! It originally came with a bucket and once it rusted out, it was attachable to the standard 5 gal. bucket. Only 1.25 hp, but worked for me. My main use is automobile and have vents.