I forgot how scary/fun these things are.

speedytriple

So i picked up a old 1982 honda atc 110 today. Got it for next to nothing, needs a little tlc. I forgot how unstable these things are lol. Man this thing is so dangerous, but so much fun at the same time. It will give me something to work on over the winter. Will post up progress on things i get worked on over the winter.

post-10447-0-63173400-1419748099_thumb.j

I had one of those. It should have a Hi/Lo transmission lever. Low can tow boats. Lots of fun, even with no brakes and a cracked frame. Keeping the rear tires aired up evenly was very important.

• Upvote 1

Grew up with 2 of them around the farm and 4 boys to share the two of them.  We all had incidents on them over the years.  Two of them somewhat serious.  Brother hit a stray dog on the road in 5th gear full throttle.  He was pretty banged up.  I let my cousin drive it and she freaked out near the end of a field where we were riding and didn't stop in time to hit a stone pile and woven wire fence.  We were okay, but I bruised my kidneys and they thought I had ruptured my spline but they hospitalized me overnight and I was fine just super sore.  No broken bones!!!  Still have them and still use one of them regularly around the farm.  My dad uses it more than anyone now.  He enjoys riding it around the farm to fetch this, that and cut down on the walking.  He's gonna be 81 next month...LOL.  They can be dangerous, but you learn to respect the machine just like a motorcycle.  Honda made some big changes from 1983 to 1985 model years.  Everyone loves to ride the '85 model over the '83 model.  Both are Honda 250s.  Lots of fun too.

No frame is not cracked but i needed a rear axle as the one end is stripped and the wheel is loose. I found a guy who said he had axles local, when i got there all he had was this frame with a complete rear end in it. Paid $40 for the whole thing with the electrical harness and lots of parts. I might just put my stuff into this frame as its in better shape. Total invested so far $300 lol. For the atc new set of tires a spare frame and rear end. And new fuel lines for it.

Definitely looks like a cheap, fun toy. Never understood the rigid 3 wheelers. Honda could have at least thrown a short swinger/shock or sprung forks on it and kept it affordable. Hell, my first bike was a '77 XR75 and it had full suspension