Advanced Rider Course

Zip

Hey all,

Just a heads up, Motorcycle Ohio is putting on a series of Advanced Rider Courses. These are one day courses, usually all day on a Saturday or Sunday. Specific information is here: http://motorcycle.ohio.gov/advanced_rider.stm. The sign up is located here:

https://ext.dps.state.oh.us/MotorCycleOhio/Pages/Public/CourseSelection.aspx.

There are several offered at the ODPS facility on West Broad Street in Columbus, Ohio. Washington State Community College in Marietta, Ohio is also offering three courses this Spring.

I think most riders would learn something, have a great time, and develop their skill set.

Hope to see some of you there,

Tim

• 1 month later...

I'm signed up for the 4/11 session at WSCC in Marietta.

So far I'm the only one. Three weeks remaining. Suspect I'll end up in one of the later sessions. One other person is signed up for the May session.

• 3 weeks later...

What is covered?  What do you do or practice in the Advanced Rider's course?  I took the Basic Rider course years ago with my wife and it was fun, but I always wanted more from it.  I heard about the Advanced Riders Course, but never knew anyone that took it.  I am just curious of what is covered (i.e. skills, scenarios, maneuvers, etc.).

There's some statistics-based classroom material that discusses more curve line decision making and situational awareness. Some of the student commentary can be interesting too, especially from the more experienced guys and gals.

In the range, there's a lot of practice with tighter turn radii, emergency stops and work in greater control at low and medium speed.