Less strict gun rules start in Ohio today (be sure to read the article comments)

Casper

I will just revised my last..... Pa states that OH holders have statutory reciprocity with ohio IF ohio recognizes pa licenses which they do NOT do at this time. Once Ohio has the signed agreement in hand they will, but not until then....so I would say you would be on questionable thin ice at this time..... I would not chance it myself.

Ahhh, now I understand why we are discussing this. There is a twist with PA.

Part of the new law is that Ohio now recognizes ALL State chl's without an agreement as long as the person is just temporarily here. Visiting, traveling...not living here. No agreement needed.

PA has a law that says IF a State allows PA AND our laws are similar to theirs we are good to go.

The PA AG says they are similar enough and we are good to go.

Ugh, so break that down because following along makes my head hurt.  Mine is done for pickup, renewal, got called the first week of April I think, hoping it's dated post 3/23, but really NH, GA, and PA are the only states I care about.  Well and CO I guess.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

3/25 date, grabbed it today, so guess I am good with WI too now, Yippee!

I had a discussion with my local sheriff on the after March date. I'm gonna set up a date to go discuss it more. We might have a way around that for anyone traveling to Texas or Wisconsin. I'll let ya know when I find out.

If he is going to revoke your license then let you renew ask a good gun lawyer first. That might haunt you later.

Nope. Not the route we are taking. Did you know in Ohio you can get a replacement permit for $15? Edited by mango_sv