US Forces evacuate Yemen

ReconRat

Funny this isn't making the Western news much...

Us forces are evacuating the al-Annad air base in southern Yemen. Really leaving the entire country. A civil war has broken out backed by Iran on one side and Saudi Arabia on the other. Getting real.

Found on news feed from Kurdistan:

http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/22032015

Found on Reuters: Saudi forces build up on Yemen border

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/24/us-yemen-security-usa-saudi-idUSKBN0MK2S120150324

Found on CNN: ... which has turned into a trashy website after the recent changes...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/23/middleeast/yemen-how-we-got-here/

edit: Actually described as a four sided war. Adding in Al-Qaeda and ISIS makes four. Both are present. And some of the other two have split factions that may turn against each other for their own reasons.

Edited by ReconRat

As a Father who's son is an active infantryman, all this shit going down over there "and with Russia" is really starting to stress me out. It is sounding like he will be getting deployed before years end for sure, could be as early as August. Lots of our troops have deployed over there recently, and more are on the way.....media is not talking about this.

Media is not talking about this.

Agreed, and that's not just a paranoid statement. I've heard through the grapevine that a lot of supply functions are in motion. If I were a foe, I'd be putting my 1st-string diplomats on the field asap.

As a Father who's son is an active infantryman, all this shit going down over there "and with Russia" is really starting to stress me out. It is sounding like he will be getting deployed before years end for sure, could be as early as August. Lots of our troops have deployed over there recently, and more are on the way.....media is not talking about this.

You should be very thankful that Obama won the election.Republicans love to send other people's kids to war and put the bill on the tab.

There's an easy fix for this thinking...when boots go on the ground the draft is immediately enacted,no deferments,and a tax is enacted to pay for the deployment.

• Downvote 1

You should be very thankful that Obama won the election.Republicans love to send other people's kids to war and put the bill on the tab.

There's an easy fix for this thinking...when boots go on the ground the draft is immediately enacted,no deferments,and a tax is enacted to pay for the deployment.

Sometimes I don't like your posts because they actually make some sense. This was just dumb.

Yeah this is pretty dumb. You need draft deferment for the people back home making the war material . 'Why aren't there any planes?' 'They drafter Lockheed Martin's empkoyees'....

And its not simply a Republican thing. It's a politician thing. Kenedy sent more kids to die in Vietnam than bush did in iraq.

Yeah this is pretty dumb. You need draft deferment for the people back home making the war material . 'Why aren't there any planes?' 'They drafter Lockheed Martin's empkoyees'....

And its not simply a Republican thing. It's a politician thing. Kenedy sent more kids to die in Vietnam than bush did in iraq.

Agreeing with CSC on both counts.  drc32-0 you should have stuck with a more general statement about wanting more accountability from folks who send other's kids to combat.

I do like the idea of enabling an immediate tax to pay for non-declared-wartime deployments.  And make that rate progressive.  Folks in power need more skin in that game instead of depending on the middle and lower classes to carry their rifles.

It's not like the money disappears,  government debt flows right back to investors in contractors and defence companies Blackwater,Halliburton probably into some banks by a prime derivative of a hedge bundle contract. 

I wonder how much of that money is recirculated back into the U.S. economy vs. being sheltered offshore since the income was earned outside the border.