FS: 2010 Kawasaki Z1000

Bubba

> > > > > > THE CARROT AT THE END OF THE STICK… < < < < < <

DSC02165.jpg

First question everyone asks:  Why are you selling this bike?

Answer:  NO 65 YO GUY NEEDS A BIKE LIKE THIS!!!

Ever since BUYING my first Z1B in '75, I've had a soft spot in my heart for the grunt motor, and serious lust for any liter bike.  That's why I bought this bike from Joe (Scuba) last year.  The reality of too low gearing, stiff suspension, and almost complete lack of wind protection leaves me feeling old after a short day's ride of 150 miles or less.  I still tend to go to the WeeStrom for most day rides and certainly the week long tours….which leaves this bike relegated to a ghost in the garage pining for a new owner.  There must be a hooligan out there who can do this bike proud!!!

The real poop (directly from Joe's OhioRider ad from last summer--I haven't changed a thing except the mileage):

> 8900 miles
> Healtech GiPro gear indicator
> Dual Yoshimura Titanium cans with CF tips
> Power Commander V (perfectly tuned, no backfires!)
> Real Pazzo adjustable levers
> Pro-Bolt orange accessories (oil cap, rear brake res cap, various bolts)
> Kawasaki tall Screen
> Muzzy's Fender Eliminator
> Rascal Graphix Z1000 Tank Pad
> Rhino bar-ends with Arrow mirrors
> Sargent Seat (driver only) with custom orange welt
> K&N air filter (changed the end of last season)
> SpeedMetal front/rear spools (I'll also throw in the stands)
> OES frame sliders
> Michelin Pilot Road III front/rear (~3000 mi now)
> SW-MOTECH Blaze Sport Saddlebag System (was $350 new). Great for commuting/touring
> Garaged full-time and stored on a tender

Asking $4995 or deduct $150 if you don't want the luggage.

More pics:

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

Tires:

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

That is a nice ride!  I was looking at Gen2 FZ1 and the Z1000 as a replacement for my wrecked bike last year, but couldn't find one in my price range.  Would have loved to have talked to you then.  Ended up getting another Gen1 FZ1 I found in Indiana that I couldn't pass up.  Good luck with your sale!

Probably the best bike I ever owned...like he said, it's definitely more of a hooligan bike than a tourer, especially for us older guys. The young guys will appreciate the comfort over sport bikes with similar performance. I do miss the snap acceleration as compared to my Tenere :)

GLWS Bubba, should go quick!

Thanks for the compliments on the bike, but I can't take any credit whatsoever for the build--this was all put together by Joe, his vision on the accessories, and his hard work.

I wish I could keep it 'cause the GF is really disappointed I'm selling it.  Hard to justify letting a depreciable asset sit unused in a garage, tho.

By request, pics of the SW-MoTech bag system:

This brackets bolts to the bike frame...

DSC02173.jpg

…and these removable stabilizer bars click into the bracket…

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

…and the soft bags slip onto the bars and are held in place by a strap system.

DSC02177.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

Not huge but big enough to pack a clean pair of undies and your 'nice' t-shirt for that night out with the ladies.  As an FYI, I do NOT have rain covers for the bags, but it's a fallacy to think that covers will keep your stuff in soft bags dry for an extended period of time.  When I pack for a trip, everything goes in plastic ziplock bags.

Grab it and sell the Sportster.  I've got a couple of local dealers that have offered close to or right at my asking price to relist for floor resale.  I'd rather see it sell to a private buyer rather than having to go thru retail mark-up.

I'll prolly pull the trigger on one of their offers in the next couple of days unless they're blowing smoke up my a$$.  This is definitely one sweet bike and priced right!!!

Joe:  Believe it or not, a local MC dealer here in Cinti made me an offer for nearly what I was asking.  Dropped it off, picked up my check, and drove home.  Didn't have to dick around with the mouth-breathers on CL trying to trade me for their first-gen Xbox system and 23 pirated Chinese knock-off Mortal Combat games.   :D

Whenever I sell a bike, I nearly always dread the obvious first question out of a potential buyer's mouth:  "Hey man, can I take a test ride?"  Ummm, no….

I was really hoping I'd be able to pass the bike along to someone, preferably a private buyer, at a righteous price since you did the same for me.  I'm sure that whoever buys it will pay a much higher price for it than I was asking.  I guess that's how capitalism works….