Motoseries Season opener !

J_Copeland

Might come down to help out / pit bitch / bs, but I'm not riding this weekend.

If you decide to stop down,I have a Red enclosed now being pulled by a Red F150(Not mine).

BTW,my plastics paint job is stupid sick looking,just hope I can keep it that way.

I am seriously considering doing the Mid-Ohio Monday and I am out of town this week for work, so I would need the weekend to prep the bike, etc. but I will be doing a few Motoseries Track Days this year.

DPG.

sorry ...little off topic

but for those that have done track days at nelsons  how did  you like it?  track looks pretty rough and bumpy

Do a search about it, there are so many write ups if we go down that track again, it will just be a repeat of the other 25 threads about it. 

FWIW, its bumpy yes but you will learn a lot about a lot by starting on a track like that.  Oh and when you go fast and are really doing what you should be, the bumps don't matter.

sorry ...little off topic

but for those that have done track days at nelsons  how did  you like it?  track looks pretty rough and bumpy

it is rough, but you can go crazy fast there if you're skilled and brave.  The layout is really fun.  As the track sits, it is "historic."   With improved runoff (which they're working on), a wider track, and a repave, it would be pretty awesome.  With elevation changes, it might be talked about in the same sentence as Road Atlanta or Barber.

I consider a 1:12 pretty damn fast there. 1:10 will put you on the box in most expert races.  I don't think I ever broke the 1:16 mark :p 

WOHO, I have gone pretty damn fast there then. :)

The biggest hangup with the place is that people tend to be off gas through the corners this puts the suspension towards the bottom of it's range and not leaving much room to absorb bumps. The big key is to get the bike turned and back on the gas ASAP to allow the suspension to do it's work. There are big plans for the place in the near future provided people continue to show up.

WOHO, I have gone pretty damn fast there then. :)

The biggest hangup with the place is that people tend to be off gas through the corners this puts the suspension towards the bottom of it's range and not leaving much room to absorb bumps. The big key is to get the bike turned and back on the gas ASAP to allow the suspension to do it's work. There are big plans for the place in the near future provided people continue to show up.

do you remember what kind of times Neyra was running there?  I only searched for WERA results to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass.

I seem to remember some super-human turning 1:08's or something, but I couldn't be sure.

I've seen a few people break into 1:09's there, old man Tom Hughey on his carbed 99 R6 making all of 95hp is one of them. He usually likes to embarrass guys on liter bikes like that though. Don't know that I've ever actually witnessed someone run faster than that. I know there was one guy who did a 1:06 or something ridiculous like that, and then said he'd never come back to the track, haha. That was way before my time though. 

I had never heard 1:06, but I feel like WERA was there around 2008 and Sam Gaige and Eddie Kraft were both in the 1:07's battling for the lead.  I may be showing my age and having a "glory days" moment though - even if it is someone else's glory :)