Anyone ever CNC a rotor?

just_some_dude

This is a stretch, but thought I may as well ask.

EBR offered a modified rotor to assist with the fix with the whole 1125CR rotor issue. I ordered the rotor on their site the same day they announced the were going through receivership. Shortly after my order the site went down. I have attempted to contact with no luck.

I could order the part from over seas, but would imagine that would take quite awhile.

Anyone know of a CNC in central Ohio that could take on the task of taking my rotor and replicating the fix? To my understanding it just needs a few precision holes drilled in it for better oil flow. Any idea what something like this would cost? Is it even worth the effort?

After looking at the pics of what gets done you are looking at some very pricey work. If that gear is hardened EDM (sinker) is the best method. If not hardened it could be done on a bridgeport. What you need to know are hole sizes, depth of the counter bore, and the angle at which they are put in.

Unfortunately I can't do any government work at my current job.