Fish.

dustyxbla

Jeez, I didn't know ANY of that. Since I clearly don't know much about fish, I always just assumed I was getting what I was sold. I thought it was odd, if not a bit selfish, that when we took the sushi rolling classes we had one big question. Where the f*** do you get raw seafood that you can trust for sushi? His answer was "just put in an order here". Maybe he's saving us from bad fish, maybe he wants more money, maybe both? Either way I can't warrant a 1.2 hr drive (both ways) to get sushi supplies at top dollar.

I'd love to see some testing of local sushi joints. " other fish" doesn't answer the question enough for me. Being land locked I always wondered what I was being fed from the sea.

grocery stores are good at about 18% errors in labeling. Unless you're catching your own fish, that's where you go.

Some of this data is old, from before the FDA DNA checking. So it's getting better.

grocery stores are good at about 18% errors in labeling. Unless you're catching your own fish, that's where you go.

Some of this data is old, from before the FDA DNA checking. So it's getting better.

Good! You guys ever get seafood from Beuhlers? I got some Shark meat from them years ago. It was like... A meat marshmallow. I'll have to go over soon and see what they've got. All I need is some fresh fish and a howler of local brew and I'll be good ????

You forgetting your login had me confused for a bit.

Haha oops, sorry. When I joined Tapatalk a week or two ago I clicked "login with Facebook". That forever made my username my email, which I made when I was 11... XBLA stood for X Box Live Addict. I couldn't stand to look at it anymore lol. Staubig, on the other hand, is German for the adjective "Dusty". My grandpa has called me it for years and I much prefer it to my decade old email lol

Mahi Mahi is a nice meaty fish. Coat it with salt/pepper then grill both sides. I make a sauce with garlic, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and fresh cilantro. Brush it on the last minute of grilling. Best stuff ever.

Pretty much any white fish not named tilapia or catfish. Grew up on fresh caught beer battered perch and walleye since my dad was an avid fisherman

Love pretty much any shellfish I can think of

So i went to buehlers last night and they had some awesome looking rainbow trout in the case, but then I saw Swordfish steaks. I couldnt resist. Its not bad! I little "fishy" tasting and the skin is kind of like a thin layer flesh comparable to steak fat. Great texture to it. $13.99 per lb though!

37d52abf54bf4879f9f4fafae9272a63.jpg