FS: 1989 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer with twin 205hp Mercruiser 4.3L 4BBL

madcat6183

1989 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer with twin 205hp Mercruiser 4.3L 4BBL.

Custom canvas work with 6' 8" headroom under all screens, windows, and extra height on the windshield. Comes with LORAN, RADAR, and Video installed. Installed fishing equipment includes 4 Rivera Downriggers, Triple super skis with removable mounting board and Big Jon mast(300 ft. line each). Cannon temp, light, speed sensor unit, Perko stainless rod holders, all come installed. The stereo is upgraded with Blaupunkt and Rockford Fosgate.

Additional boat features are; Built in docking lights, cabin and cockpit area custom heat provided from engines, aft cabin fold down dinette and V-Berth, stove, alcohol and 110V fridge, head and shower.

Many other unlisted boat items and upgrades are included. Must see to appreciate, boat is pristine and will be ready for viewing Memorial Day weekend. Boat is located in Stoutsville, OH area and has been stored inside when not in use since day one.

Trailer is a 1990 100% custom built gooseneck tri-axle trailer with 21,000lb total capacity. Trailer has integrated toolbox with tons of diamond plate trim. Asking price includes trailer, and trailer is NOT for sale separately unless boat is sold or included in asking price.

NADA on boat is over $26,000 with far less upgrades and customization than what is included in this package and without figuring in cost of a 100% custom built heavy duty trailer.
Boat price is quoted and sold "AS IS", it has been in storage for 12 years and has not been on the water or out of storage in that time. Clean, Free & Clear Title in hand.

K, this is my FIL's boat, if you think I take care of stuff, he's more anal than I am, and his OCD is almost insane.  So thing is clean as a whistle I am sure.  With that said, I have NOT seen it.  It hasn't been run in like 17 years, and it's sold AS IS, guessing needs new gas, and new batteries.  But I would assume other than that, nothing else.

Price is $20,000.00 which includes the trailer.  The trailer alone was more than that and I think he said the boat was like 65K new, who knows. 

Anyways, you can post here or PM me if you have questions. 

http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/5009105519.html

Sorry no inside pics but there are custom covers on everything, no one has even sat on the stock material, and inside is spotless.

That is the one thing I haven't been able to get out of him because I think he forgot and he doesn't have the batteries at the boat, since it hasn't run in so long.  I know they are low, and I know he has always had the maintenance done early, and is way over the top on that kind of stuff. 

Basically he had some health issues, got married, and had more health issues, so the boat sat for years as he paid on it.  Now his storage facility is closing down and he's ready to unload it.

I don't think you know me, but those that do know how anal I am about my truck, race bike when I had it, trailers, etc.  This guy is stupid OCD, like there are times I can't even be around him because he is so meticulous.  He has a Dodge 2500 that he literally uses a tooth brush on the undercarriage after he drives it, even in the summer.  Which is 1-2 times a year.  I gotta talk to him and just buy the truck, F it.

I'm going to see him Friday and ask if he can get down there and find out this weekend because I would want to know that too.  But I am pretty positive they are low, and if they aren't they were super taken care of, that I can attest to. 

I didn't tell you this, but he also has  Ford Dually for towing that I can get included for asking price I think, just for people on here. 

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, 2 things. I have known Mad Cats father-in-law most of my life. I will back him up on the fact that this boat is in gorgeous condition. I have seen the boat and been on the boat and it is beautiful.

I licked the truck already so it is mine when he is ready to sell. Dibs

Sorry, just sold yesterday.  Newton bought it, guy who was storing it for the last 20+ years.  Whole thing, truck, trailer, all.  Boat and trailer are "still for sale" but I have nothing to do with it now, its Newtons thing.  If anyone becomes interested, its still 20K for all that.  Will be 29K in a few weeks when he gets the boat back in the water and all fluids etc. changed and a tune up or whatever boats do.

Maxpower, it's down in Stoutsville, guess this Newton guy has a massive pole barn, or a ton of them, stores a ton of big stuff.  You ever seen it?

Also I think we're going to try to make the 4th this year, if you guys come back local, guessing not cuz you got your compound now(I hate you PS), but I'll let ya know closer to.

And yea, Jimmy is beyond anal about his stuff, almost makes me sick actually.

You mean Newman? If there's anybody more meticulous and anal than chumley, it's him.

My friend bought his 1987 motorhome. Still have plastic on the carpet.

Can't believe he sold him the truck.

Yep him, met him for the first time few weekends ago in his big old Dodge 3500, thing looked like it had never been on the road before but was an early-mid 90's.  Must be the same guy for sure. 

I am not surprised at all about the motorhome, guess his daughter just had some HUGE one custom built, travel trailer style.  Yeah Chumley needs to sell that Dodge of his too, he drove it twice since I've known him, 6+ years lol.  Actually he offered it to me for a pretty fair price a few years ago, Amanda actually said she'd like to have it, we just don't have a place to store it.  Who knows lol, may end up in my driveway someday sooner than later.