Fuel MPG??

R1Limited

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? That's all? So I guess I have to ask the question, why a scooter if it doesn't get better gas mileage than a bike? My old Katana got 50 - 60. No offense, but I'd rather ride a Katana than a scooter. Now if you were talking one of those new Honda scooters that are claiming 90+ mpg, that's a different story.

My wife has back problems (she rides with me alot) so the smooth ride of the CVT transmission benefits her (no gears, no clutch, no shifting). Its a fairly heavy bike, 500lbs, so it's selling point is not gas mileage but comfort instead. One of these days I'll hook up with you guys on a ride, when you see what it'll do you'll never look at a scooter the same again! ;)

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w139/davidjrosso/Scooter/Honda-SilverWingSpecs.jpg

My wife has back problems (she rides with me alot) so the smooth ride of the CVT transmission benefits her (no gears, no clutch, no shifting). Its a fairly heavy bike, 500lbs, so it's selling point is not gas mileage but comfort instead. One of these days I'll hook up with you guys on a ride, when you see what it'll do you'll never look at a scooter the same again! ;)

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w139/davidjrosso/Scooter/Honda-SilverWingSpecs.jpg

HAve you ever by chance passed people on highway exits/entrance ramps. Two of my buddies were riding back on our dyno day and said they were just cruising and a dood on a scooter was hanging way off the thing and flew past them leaned over? :wtf: I just laughed at them :lol:

HAve you ever by chance passed people on highway exits/entrance ramps. Two of my buddies were riding back on our dyno day and said they were just cruising and a dood on a scooter was hanging way off the thing and flew past them leaned over? :wtf: I just laughed at them :lol:

:lol:

No, wasn't me.

Scooters are not what they used to be. My luv for MC's started when I was 4 years old and my uncle used to pick me up every sunday afternoon for a ride on the back of his goldwing. Now my aunt has some health issues and they just purchased a scooter very similar to yours. I was on the back of it this past september and I was surprised how much power it had.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I can't stop laughing. They don't have that kind of power. hehe.

Scooters are not what they used to be. My luv for MC's started when I was 4 years old and my uncle used to pick me up every sunday afternoon for a ride on the back of his goldwing. Now my aunt has some health issues and they just purchased a scooter very similar to yours. I was on the back of it this past september and I was surprised how much power it had.

It is a 600 (technically, 582cc) it moves. ;)