Touring pants

Gump

Probably discussed 1000 times but if you would buy touring pants with knee protection which would you buy for warm weather riding? Not over pants and no pucks. Have sliders but if I go down there's really no knee protection.

Never been that impressed with the 'in-pocket' armor in either the mesh or the textile pants….or jackets, for that matter.  Unless they fit like a leather race suit, the armor can shift position in a get-off.  When I'm riding street or hooning the backroad twisties, I always wear the MX-style knee/shin hard armor, sometimes under jeans, sometimes under the mesh pants if it's stupid hot.  In a low-side, first thing that 'dabs' is your knee.  I want a hard ABS shell between me and the road.

Never been that impressed with the 'in-pocket' armor in either the mesh or the textile pants….or jackets, for that matter. Unless they fit like a leather race suit, the armor can shift position in a get-off. When I'm riding street or hooning the backroad twisties, I always wear the MX-style knee/shin hard armor, sometimes under jeans, sometimes under the mesh pants if it's stupid hot. In a low-side, first thing that 'dabs' is your knee. I want a hard ABS shell between me and the road.

Makes sense. Those will work. Thanks!

Sliders don't have solid knee protection. I wear mx type protection underneath them fir hips and tail that are comfortable. Was looking at touring pants and there's a ton of different kinds. Separate hard knee protection would work as mentioned above. Would be nice to have a pair of pants that had all the protection to throw on without being any warmer than the sliders which lack the pads for knees, hips, and tail.

Oh....."Sliders, Regustered Trademark".

Now I get it. You should use appropriate capitalization. I was lost as fuck. :lol:

Haha. I was wondering.

I  have had these had these for 3 seasons now.

http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-kevlar-all-season-2-pants

They are comfortable and cool and very versitile but my biggest complaint with them is the zippers for the lines, they are cumbersome and catch on everything. I now just throw my frog togs on under them in the rain because i hate fucking with the zippers. I can wear jeans under then or just a pair of running shorts.

I have SLIDERS TM © all season kevlar  since last fall and the liner just split so my foot goes in the wrong hold and won;t come out at the bottom.

Had Olympia Airgluide 2 before as daily pants and they also slit the liner and also the pocket seam so all my change would swim around the liner.