PIRC

RHill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way Sunday looks good.

If there is a 50% chance of rain in the afternoon.... might be worth it just to go out there until it lets loose. 

But dont have to worry about any of that, because 80 and sunny. 

Search on YouTube for pitt race and sort by upload date....seems to be a decent number of full track videos going up. There is one dude getting sideways a decent amt in what looks a little wet.

I'll be there for both, but I'll be playing Brandon's pitt bitch if it is raining.

Wtf am I saying, 80 and sunny.

Wondering how the track surface will be for grip.

i asked a guy at work who used to be a race tire engineer for goodyear and spent a fair amount of time characterizing track surfaces, and his comment was that a new asphalt track should have a fair amount of grip, will make your tires run hotter than normal, and tire wear should be low.

i did not ask him about how a new asphalt track is when wet. Because that won't matter on Saturday. see you there bright and early. :>)

Depends on the asphalt compound, NCM has the same compound as COTA and it was like riding on velcro and tires looked brand new. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix was on the full track last weekend, there was a track night in america last night and there is an hpde on Friday. 

Not really sure at this point.  Weather forcast is definetly looking up.  Still waiting to see if I have to take my daughter to her horse show.  If not I will be there Sunday in my usual mindset (tired and hungover)

Not really sure at this point.  Weather forcast is definetly looking up.  Still waiting to see if I have to take my daughter to her horse show.  If not I will be there Sunday in my usual mindset (tired and hungover)

I heard it was going to be 80 and sunny. 

You made me look up the list of goodies.....for anyone else interested: 

UPDATE FOR PITT RACE IS HERE: http://forum.n2td.org/index.php?threads/2015-n2-track-days-air-fence-fundraiser-pitt-race-details.36306/

N2 Track Days will be holding an air fence fundraiser event this Saturday evening July 4th at Road Atlanta in conjunction with our Saturday & Sunday track days. We will also be holding our main fundraiser Saturday evening July 18th at Pittsburgh International Raceway (Pitt Race) in conjunction with our Saturday & Sunday track days with the unveiling of the new 2.8 mile Full Course.

The fundraisers are open to all motorsports riders, enthusiasts, and their supporters who are interested in furthering motorcycle safety on the racetrack. Whether you’re an N2 member or ride with another organization, this fundraiser supports us all! We look forward to seeing everyone at the track this weekend!

The fundraisers will take place following both the Saturday events from approximately 6:30- 9:00 pm. N2 will be providing dinner (suggested donation of $20) and there will be door prizes, auction (format to be announced) and a raffle along with the typical fun and camaraderie you would expect at an N2 event.

Many of you may be familiar with this type of event, since one was held last year at New Jersey Motorsports Park in honor of friends, and the other great souls that have fallen in our sport. Proceeds from the event will go towards improving track safety by funding Air Fence purchases through the Roadracing World Action Fund.

Below is the current list of donors & items that will be available for bidding at the auctions and for the raffle. Not all items will be available at each event, but we will do our best to evenly distribute. A list of auction items will be available at each event.

We hope you are as excited about these items as we are. For those that are unable to attend and would like to be included in the raffle for the Yamaha Championship Riding School (YCRS) 2 day school, or the Andrew Swenson Designs Paint job and Woodcraft bodywork, please emailsupport@n2td.orgfor information on how to obtain raffle tickets.

One Raffle ticket will be included with the suggested dinner donation of $20. Additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase at $10 each or 3 for $25.

Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express), Paypal and cash will be accepted. Payment for auction items is to be completed at the close of the auction.

RAFFLE:
Yamaha Champions Riding School (YCRS)- 2 day school (Good for August 2015 @ NJMP or at Inde Motorsports Park) (There will be one winner at each fundraiser)

Andrew Swenson Designs- 1 Custom Motorcycle Paint Job and Armorbodies body work (There will be only one winner. Raffle tickets will be available at both events and the winner will be drawn @ Pitt Race July 18th and notified shortly thereafter.)

AUCTION ITEMS
Adrenaline City Racing- (2) Hang Dry Suit Dryers
AGV- (2) One piece Motorcycle suit
Amish Racing- MotoD Tire Warmers
Amish Racing - Force field chest protector
Amish Racing - Set of Dunlop slicks
BW Tools, llc- Dewalt Tough System (4 item set)
BW Tools, llc- 20 pc Plier Set
BW Tools, llc- 1200 CFM Blower Fan
BW Tools, llc- Dewalt Combo Pack
BW Tools, llc- Grey Pneumatic 35pc Socket Set
BW Tools, llc- 3pc Pistol Grip Plier Set
BW Tools, llc- 3pc Double Joint Pistol Grip Plier Set
BW Tools, llc- Portable Charge-All/Jump Starter
BW Tools, llc- 7 pc Metric Hex Driver Set
BW Tools, llc- 7 pc Short Metric Hex Driver Set
BW Tools, llc- 6 pc Combination Screwdriver Set
BW Tools, llc- 12 in T-handle with Bit Set
BW Tools, llc- Reversible Wire Twister
BW Tools, llc- 6/12V Circuit Tester
BW Tools, llc- 6 pc Assorted Pick Set
BW Tools, llc- 30 pc Bit Set with Ratchet
BW Tools, llc- Tool Box Creeper Seat
Chicken Hawk Racing- Set of Team Yoshimura- Pro Line, single temp tire warmers with – Yosh logos and Martin Cardenas name!!
Chicken Hawk Racing- Team Yoshimura Wheel Wrap set
Chicken Hawk Racing- 1 Knee Slider Set
Impact Safe-T Armor- Custom fit impact protection
Marietta Motorsports- Set of Q3's. 120 front and 160, 180 or 190 rear.
Marietta Motorsports- (2) Suspension setups. (Performed at N2 SE events or MM shop)
Markbilt Racebikes LLC- (2) fork services
Markbilt Racebikes LLC- Speedangle lap timer
N2 Track Days- (2) Elite Membership For 2016
N2 Track Days- (2) 5 Day Track Package For 2016
Woodcraft Technologies- Frame Sliders
Woodcraft Technologies - Axle sliders
Woodcraft Technologies - Cycle Camera mount
Woodcraft Technologies - Stay Dry Riding Shirt & Pant set
Yamaha - Yamaha Factory Racing Watch by TW Steel
Yamaha- 2014 MotoGP Season Retrospective coffee table book

Recently added items are marked in red above.

N2 Track Days would like to thank all the sponsors above who have contributed to the fundraisers.

Roadracing World Action Fund:http://www.roadracingworld.com/actionfund/
N2 main site:http://www.n2td.org

Had a blast and definitely a sweet addition for Pitt-Race. The track map and some of the initial in car videos don't do it justice. It will be hard just running the North course when you've been on the full course. Oh well can't be too picky. Its just nice to have 2 nice tracks within a hour and half of NEO.

Saw some onboard footage from N2's day, and it is boner-inducing.  Seemed like a lot of blind corners, but I may just be feeling that way because I don't know which way the new section goes.

My only fear with this addition is that the cost to run the full course becomes oppressive. WERA has already said "we're not paying twice as much to race the full course because it won't draw twice as many racers."  (that's paraphrasing Sean, but that is the gist of what he said).

I think the cost was raised by $40 if I remember right. 

The track is a ton of work... you hardely ever get a break but it is an absolute blast. After this weekend I would have to put this up to the top of my track list with NCM... and we have got to ride on some killer tracks so far this year.

Rent is double of what the north track is from everyone I talked to. I know they raised the TD cost $40, not sure how many more they allow per group.

I heard the same as you regarding the rental fee doubling. 

I'm really concerned the math won't work in the organizations' favor (that's for track days, AND race orgs).   If they're only raising the track fees by $40 that's roughly a 20% increase (depends on what they were charging for just the North course).  That means they  have to make up the other 80% with more riders.  More riders willing to pay 120% of the old fee.  I hope the market will support that increase.