she never saw me till i hit her

kingnoobie

First off glad your ok - bikes are replacable unless its very sentimental - I recently left a stop light and had an older lady cut in between stopped traffic from her driveway, her driveway was about 300yds from light and had to use all of my skill to not run down the passenger side of her car. I have been endorsed since 1994? and average 10k-15k/year.

If your starting that "list" here are a few good starters; (1)Always ride in daylight with highbeams on unless your a few car lengths behind someone(was told this at a safety class I took to reduce my bike insurance); (2)Always slow down at intersections when there is vehicles stopped or approaching the stop sign/signal; (3)Flash high/low a few times when cars are preparing to turn or go across your path; (4)Look way ahead in direction of travel, if your looking left/right at scenery you have shortened reaction time substantially. Lastly - FOCUS...FOCUS...FOCUS - always be on the defense

hop my 2¢ helps someone

First off glad your ok - bikes are replacable unless its very sentimental - I recently left a stop light and had an older lady cut in between stopped traffic from her driveway, her driveway was about 300yds from light and had to use all of my skill to not run down the passenger side of her car. I have been endorsed since 1994? and average 10k-15k/year.

If your starting that "list" here are a few good starters; (1)Always ride in daylight with highbeams on unless your a few car lengths behind someone(was told this at a safety class I took to reduce my bike insurance); (2)Always slow down at intersections when there is vehicles stopped or approaching the stop sign/signal; (3)Flash high/low a few times when cars are preparing to turn or go across your path; (4)Look way ahead in direction of travel, if your looking left/right at scenery you have shortened reaction time substantially. Lastly - FOCUS...FOCUS...FOCUS - always be on the defense

hop my 2¢ helps someone

I dunno if flashing your high beams at cars planning to turn in front of you is a good idea. They might take that as a signal to go ahead.

• Upvote 1

Quick follow up: had the insurance finally tell me that its a total loss and they are working number. (Looking for an 05/06 636... hint hint.) Should be done with physical therapy and hopefully riding by the end of the month.thanks to everyone's good wishes.