Anyone rock a new CB300?

Cheech

Wsa debating between that or a Grom, but after reading a bit of the Grom thread I don't think it's for me.  I sat on a CB300F at IP and was pretty impressed, any owners out there have any insights?  This is just a screw-around bike, I've been without for a few years now.  Riding position on a supersport bothered me too much and I wasn't able to get a lot of ride time, I was thinking with the better upright position that it'd be better for my wrists and hands.

get a shorty motard bro

You mean like the Aprilia SR50?  Sat on one of those too at IP, I feel like I'm too much of a fatass for a fitty, I'd have to rev the tits off it to get it to go anywhere.

those looks like a hoot.  I have heard good things about the 'supersport' 390, and great things about the KTM cup bikes.

It's an interesting idea. I've kinda set a budget of 4K for this which the Duke would blow out, but it's not going to kill me.  I wanted to stay away from the supersport riding position though, am i going to be right back to it with this?

It's an interesting idea. I've kinda set a budget of 4K for this which the Duke would blow out, but it's not going to kill me.  I wanted to stay away from the supersport riding position though, am i going to be right back to it with this?

not with the Duke, I don't think.

I only know one person who has actually ridden a KTM 390, and his is not the Duke model.  I am not familiar with the Honda model, but the KTM is $500 more than the Ninja 300 and R3, but has a much more appealing list of features (IMHO).  If you're buying new regardless, the KTM is the way to go.

...but I'll acknowledge again that I don't know much about the Honda.  You should probably ride them all and let us know :)

Sounds like a CB500f would be a good choice for you. Very fun bike that does everything well. Has enough power that you won't "outgrow" it right away like you might with the 300.

I am currently selling mine if your interested. https://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/5074027145.html

Damn that's tempting. I'm currently looking at a 2008 Yammy Morphous scoot, but this has me second guessing myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the future wife a CB300F this spring. I have to say, it's impressive. It will haul me and her to highway speeds without a problem and the suspension handled it without complaint. b678bf2135f2f392f2d8bfa3be2233ad.jpg

This is one sweet looking ride for sure.

Having had a lot of smaller bikes, I'd jump on a CB500F anytime. 500cc was the minimum for long distance "back-in-the-day". Always found that anything smaller simply freaked out when pushed down the road all day at road speeds. A 300cc is more for around town and a few occasional road trips.

I will admit that current motorcycles have more available power and durability than way back when.

Would I buy a 250/300cc? No, I won't be going back there (unless it's a dirt bike), but most of the 500cc bikes are attractive.

In the end it's what will be comfortable. Try them on for size.

Edited by ReconRat